Kittyhawk OV-10A Bronco

DenJuve

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but I have to disagree on that.

The instructions definitely have some erroneous areas, and the kit definitely has some annoying areas, and some places that make no sense, along with way too many ejector pin marks.

However, the kit IMHO fits very decently, the shape is fairly accurate and after building two with a third one planned for myself, I'm really looking forward to building another.

As you rightly say we all are entitled to our opinions.  For me I would describe it as the worse kit that I have ever attempted and it is one of only 6 1/32 builds that I have abandoned with over 50 completed.  I did not find anything 'right' about the kit from those terrible ejector pins, some more akin to pillars of plastic (one right in the bend of the seat), to the general plastic clean up needs and, as you mentioned, the poor instructions.  I do appreciate and admire those who manage to do such a great job with one of these kits as in the case of this build though.

I build models purely for my own enjoyment and I do resent what I consider to be thoughtless, inconsiderate and clumsy engineering along with poor manufacturing standards.  Once I stop enjoying a build that is it, done, carrying on with it is pointless.   That is probably why 13 out of my 50 completed 1/32's are Tamiya and perhaps that 'spoils' me somewhat!!!

Edited by BarryWilliams

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 6:45 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Of course we are all entitled to our opinions, but I have to disagree on that.

The instructions definitely have some erroneous areas, and the kit definitely has some annoying areas, and some places that make no sense, along with way too many ejector pin marks.

However, the kit IMHO fits very decently, the shape is fairly accurate and after building two with a third one planned for myself, I'm really looking forward to building another.

Interesting comments and I certainly would not disagree about the shape, but apart from that I found nothing good about this kit at all. Engineering, fit, instructions, just about everything was simply infuriating.  To me it seemed like a kit that was developed on a budget and when the budget was used up some accountant said enough is enough, release the kit even though it's development was incomplete.   Mind you, I suspect that I have been 'spoilt' by the Tamiya 1/32's....