1/35 Ryefield Type 82e Staff Car-Completed

mustang1989

6 hours ago, chrish said:

I’m in automotive mode as well at the moment, converting AMT’s 1971 Dodge Charger to a 1974 Charger. (My old car) I’ve chopped 4 kits up so far for the parts to do it...Automotive mechanics should never build model car kits! 

I couldn't have said that better myself. lololol

This doesn't look like it but there's been a ton of work done to this thing since the last update. Shift, throttle/clutch/ brake and actuating levers installed , seats painted and installed (obviously) and a newspaper that I got from Fields of Glory. Mild weathering adorns the entire floor and rear shelf area as well. The seats took two tries as I wasn't happy with the look of the seats when initially painted.

Added a few more details this morning. Eyeglasses on the newspaper up front (to include lenses inside the frames), helmet and folded map on the rear package tray. I've also got a leather map case that I'll be painting up and putting in the back. I'm still debating on whether or not to throw an MP40 back there too but wondering just how realistic that'll be. Not many soldiers just leave their weapons laying around you know. Confused

C2B3FZ.jpg

7dUF5K.jpg

Edited by mustang1989

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Gaz!! 

Sorry for being out again guys. Work.....FFA.....Football......anything else????!!!!

Ok folks. Here's the completed chassis and interior. I don't have the wheels and tires on just yet because I like to do that in one of the last phases of auto builds. Just making sure that I have a good stance and no "three wheeler" look. The only thing I don't have pictured with the interior is the first aid kit. That will be fastened to the L/H rear side wall of the interior next to the rear seat.

16 hours ago, GDW said:

Very nice Joe, really. This kit looks much better than the CMK version I have. Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks potna! I've been eyeing some of the other Ryefield kits and currently have my sights on their MRAP kit that's all opened up. Very cool looking kit.