F-35as are always Boring Grey ?

Scotsman

I would build a gray F-35 if the Italeri kit had fine surface detail and was generally crisp. A rough kit with a monotone paint job is a huge challenge to get to look realistic... I tried my best with the Revell EF-2000 but am still not pleased with the result. So not sure if I’ll ever tackle the Italeri kit, I still hope that Academy or somebody else might do a finer kit.

Cheers,

Marcel

3 hours ago, jenshb said:

This one looks like all those uncovered planes or the late war He 162's that didn't get much if any paint. It is visually much more interesting, which is a really bad thing if you wanted camo. The gray colors just make me think, it might as well just be a UFO. Nothing to see here, you can move along. It is almost as bad as when I found out that the beautiful brown and green Austro-Hungarian camouflage on the Hansa Brandenburg C.I was only that way because the varnish got yellow with age and it was originally two shades of grey. Sorry, but I couldn't stand it anymore.

Hopefully those of you who love this plane can enjoy it while I like the Viggen in multiple colors. Have fun,

Tnarg

21 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I really like the idea. Take an otherwise drab, boring as dirt scheme, and paint it as something truly colorful and imaginative. I can see a bright VF-84 scheme in my mind, or possibly VF-41, which is also cool.

Which is why racing planes are so much fun. There are no limits on the color (or the ego). You need to be confident to win, but you also need incredible skill and a great plane to start. What color would yours be painted?

Or there is the "What IF?" approach. It will set your creativity free.

Tnarg