1/32 Q-M-T F-4 Long Exhausts for Revell Kit

Marcel111

I received these in the mail yesterday, to my eye they look great. The battery in my vernier is empty so I didn't get any measurements but they align closely with the Sierra Hotel exhausts. I will be using these on my Revell F-4G but if I was building the Tamiya F-4 I'd also be using these.

Molding is perfect and entirely free of any errors. I'm assuming this brand was started by someone that worked at one of the major resin aftermarket outfits before, the set looks perfectly produced and packaged.

fHmxGR.jpg

hFMH2M.jpg

THniWI.jpg

nSC3Qh.jpg

vUl0OO.jpg

mIddRO.jpg

Cheers,

Marcel

I was sadly disappointed with the SH cans, after having had a lot of success with their stuff previously.

The flameholders, which were cast integral to the can itself, were moulded blank at the rear, with no way to cleanly hollow the gaps.

After 3 unanswered emails over 2 months, I dumped them in a box.

These ones look a  lot better to work with..

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Since they say they are made for the Revell kit, I wonder how they would fit in the Tamiya kit?

Many years ago I adapted some Revell nozzles to my Tamiya F-4E. I had to remove the bar that connected the two burner tubes, thin the plastic all around the aft fuselage, and I think I also had to cut a chunk out on each side of the most forward part of the keel between the engines. I would guess that these nozzles could be adapted with a little bit of work.

Ben

On 9/12/2020 at 4:58 PM, phantomdriver said:

I was sadly disappointed with the SH cans, after having had a lot of success with their stuff previously.

The flameholders, which were cast integral to the can itself, were moulded blank at the rear, with no way to cleanly hollow the gaps.

After 3 unanswered emails over 2 months, I dumped them in a box.

These ones look a  lot better to work with..

I have built a total of four Sierra Hotel exhausts and to me they remain the gold standard. Accurate and easy to assemble, I've never had an issue. The cradle Erik cleverly designed ensures that the cans can be gently press-fit into the back without requiring glue:

hb82Wa.jpg

If the SH exhausts were readily available I'd for sure choose those for the Tamiya kit but since that is not the case I think it's great to have what at first glance seems to be a very nice alternative.

Cheers,

Marcel

Edited by Marcel111