Do we have any current or former fighter pilots here?

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

When I was young, I was grooming myself to be a fighter pilot...then life happened (high school) and I screwed it all up.  Now the only combat jet I get to fly is a virtual one.  On the plus side, I don't risk my life or anyone else's and I'm type rated in the F-16, A-10C, F/A-18 and soon to be F-15E.

Hey Juggernut - My 10 year old PC is on it's last legs and whatever I purchase I want to make sure if can run DCS (I want to fly the Huey!!).   I know this sim is a beast, what are the specs on your system?

Long time flight sim fan (started with Tornado which was awesome) but haven't "flown" anything in a long time due to my  old PC. 

My apologies to all.  My earlier statement was meant to be sarcasm and nothing more!  Sarcasm obviously doesn’t come over well on email. Point noted!   I did mention the statement “in good humor”.  My sincere apologies here to all.  Love the jets.  I’ve been blessed to take off and land B777’s, flown the B747-400 all the way down to the lovely A321’s..  I was blessed to do aileron rolls in the RR Red knight T-33 and fly Army rotary birds all in my career in aviation.  I do Love rotary wing things!  No regrets in my 35 year career in aviation-including leasing B787’s and lovely A-350’s and my Army Guard time.  

My sincere apologies to all!  

Now, let’s chat about those Navy guys seeing bug-mites inside their F/A 18 radar screens and thinking we have UFO out there!    

18 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

My apologies to all.  

Now, let’s chat about those Navy guys seeing bug-mites inside their F/A 18 radar screens and thinking we have UFO out there!    

All good from my end. I was enjoying the banter/trash talk between you and Pete. Reminded me a lot of being in a uniform. It was quite witty as well.

I listen to The Fighter Pilot Podcast. And they even recently had chats around rotary wing. David Favour seems an interesting guy.

Jamie Haggo drops in occasionally. He used to be on here more. Back in the day he flew Harriers, maybe Tornado's but is now rotary wing.

Cheers Matty

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Hey Juggernut - My 10 year old PC is on it's last legs and whatever I purchase I want to make sure if can run DCS (I want to fly the Huey!!).   I know this sim is a beast, what are the specs on your system?

Long time flight sim fan (started with Tornado which was awesome) but haven't "flown" anything in a long time due to my  old PC. 

There's a list of desired minimum specs suggested, here.