Do we have any current or former fighter pilots here?

There is at least one member here who is, as far as I know, a former USAF F-16 pilot.  I don't know if I should volunteer his name or not but if he sees this thread, I'm sure he'll respond.

There are also some aircraft maintenance people here who have worked on high-speed jet powered aircraft and may be able to answer your question, if we knew what it was.

Edited by Juggernut

10 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

There is at least one member here who is, as far as I know, a former USAF F-16 pilot.  I don't know if I should volunteer his name or not but if he sees this thread, I'm sure he'll respond.

There are also some aircraft maintenance people here who have worked on high-speed jet powered aircraft and may be able to answer your question, if we knew what it was.

Thanks.  I think what I want to discuss is more a topic for a PM with the pilot. 

I agree you should not mention his name without his approval.  Ironically, he would be the perfect person to discuss as this relates to an F-16.

If he doesn't respond, maybe I can formulate my questions to him as a group discussion topic.

I appreciate your response! 

I flew AH-1 Cobras, and OH-58’s in the Guard and UH-1H’s in flight school at Fort Rucker.   Jet are for kids.  You can’t really see what you need to kill at Flight level 3 whatever zero.  Remember it was a flight of AH-64 ‘s that had to start Desert Storm for those air force gurls. When you need the job started or done well.  Don’t call The AF.  They were a part of the Army in 45 remember.   Now we have to take the best to be Space Force.   Too funny.  .  

Remember those Navy boys are still seeing bugs inside their radar displays and so-so swear they are seeing UFO’s.  Oh plz!,,,   

Army all the way.  Good luck on your answer.  

On 9/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, Troy Molitor said:

I flew AH-1 Cobras, and OH-58’s in the Guard and UH-1H’s in flight school at Fort Rucker.   Jet are for kids.  You can’t really see what you need to kill at Flight level 3 whatever zero.  Remember it was a flight of AH-64 ‘s that had to start Desert Storm for those air force gurls. When you need the job started or done well.  Don’t call The AF.  They were a part of the Army in 45 remember.   Now we have to take the best to be Space Force.   Too funny.  .  

Remember those Navy boys are still seeing bugs inside their radar displays and so-so swear they are seeing UFO’s.  Oh plz!,,,   

Yup. TF Normandy. Those AH-64s did a great job kicking down the door....after being shown where the door was by a couple of USAF MH-53Js. 

Edited by johncrow
spelling

On 9/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Yawn.