Wingnut Wings... We Really Did Lose Something Special

Dennis7423

On 9/19/2020 at 12:38 AM, LSP_K2 said:

I recall the short-lived Aeromaster line, as well as Classic Airframes and Trimaster. All went the way of the Dodo, and all were special in their own way. Many of the early DML kits were also great, and never, to the best of my knowledge, ever seen again.

Interesting that you should mention this. Sprue Brothers has the DML5575 1:48 Dragon/Trimaster Focke-Wulf Fw190D-9 Langnasen Dora in stock.

I built this kit when I came back into model building in the late 1990s. Not bad. Did not scare me off models.

3 hours ago, vince14 said:

You can't dangle that and then not produce...

I know a gal who knows a guy who had beers with a giant sloth that did CAD work for a 1/32 Lockheed YF-12A but she's gonna deny it and I'm gonna deny I ever talked about it. See you later, pal.*

Adam

*Adapted from one of Matt Groening's old "Life in Hell" comic strips.

4 hours ago, Bill_S said:

George, Tony and Jack do not agree.

I know that case but this is typically a counter-example as they disappeared in an accident. Revell was not closing its doors. There is another, older, similar example (Aurora?) of molds disappearing in a train accident. This is simply not relevant to that discussion related to a commercial or legal decision. 

Yes, and thank you Andy. These kinds of degenerative threads are very taxing on the mods guys. There really is NO NEED to decent into personal insults and jabs at each other.

This has indeed been a rough year for all of us, and I think its safe to say we all can be on edge, but the personal stuff has GOT to stop.