Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Jan_G

On 9/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, Archimedes said:

Generally Ti is flammable only in powder or swarf form. It has to be at ridiculously high temp to ignite otherwise.  It does ignite when machining it (ask me how I know this) if one is too aggressive with the cut and the piece and the small pieces of swarf heat up. Ti powder is another ball game entirely...

Yep, I know cuz I used to grind Ti airplane parts and yes I have set my sleeve on fire.

If there were a dent in a pipe it could get very hot but even if there were some form

of powder it would burn off very quickly.

Just thinking out loud (virtually).  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, alaninaustria said:

Since we’re on the topic of thread drift, what do ya’ll think of the latest Trump/Biden debate?

Just curious as it seems like a particularly flammable topic!

Cheers

Alan 

Guess you may have missed the no politics rule, but since the mods have let this thread go and turn into a non-LSP discussion, maybe the rules don’t apply any more?

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Guess you may have missed the no politics rule, but since the mods have let this thread go and turn into a non-LSP discussion, maybe the rules don’t apply any more?

We've been criticised in the past for being too heavy handed, and now we're being criticised for letting a thread meander, looks like we just can't win.

Who knows what this thread is about - it was a dead duck from page 1 - but at least, from a moderating point of view, it didn't go toxic. 

Andy, well ok maybe I agree but let us be honest surely the main title should be changed??

I keep having a look in JUST in case there is NEW NEWS, not FAKE news that there is a new 109 coming from Tamiya but it is everything but..... 

Also if you were new to LSP, reading the title you get excited and or interested to find out that it is umpteen pages of everything but a Tamiya 109, or even of aircraft.

I like many others am quite happy with some chat but I think personally there should be some parameters without being dictatorial about it, some thread wander is ok, but when the main initial point is dead then, what is the point of then discussing other and interesting things under the same title. Some of the hints, tips and other points that may then be useful to some may not get seen or read because they are then in a thread about a whimsical 109, and not in an appropriate thread. :) just my thoughts 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

We've been criticised in the past for being too heavy handed, and now we're being criticised for letting a thread meander, looks like we just can't win.

Who knows what this thread is about - it was a dead duck from page 1 - but at least, from a moderating point of view, it didn't go toxic. 

You don’t necessarily have to kill it, but why can’t it be moved over to General Discussion?  Any LSP content is pretty much long gone.  Other threads have been moved.

• Kagemusha changed the title to Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, that wants to resume the original topic here in this thread, is more than free to do so at any time. My guess is that the topic itself is pretty well played out, or there would have been more inputs regarding it. I can read discussions about "what if" topics all day long. Not very productive, but I'm still game for it.

As to moving it, that may well be something to consider.

9 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Wow, tough crowd. I agree with Andy 100%,  clearly as moderators we can't win.  

Makes a person think twice on why we bother......

Hey Ron

well from my side I am more than happy, with LSP, and I always like seeing what is happening and will continue supporting the site, as lots of guys on here support me, and I still have quite a few sets brewing.

I and many others I am sure appreciate what you guys do, I certainly do not want to cause bad feelings, but just thought I would put my view across.

cheers Ali