Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Jan_G

What says it's 1/32? And the FB link is someone in Taiwan. Dragon? 

Not sure I want to add any Gustavs to my Revell stash of four (complete with Brassin legs and Barracuda bits'n'bobs), but if it does turn out to be Tamiya I might succumb to one. Still have to catch up with their Spitties, which I know will turn my potmarked Revells into instant trash — but the Revell 109s may be quite sufficient. 

Tony 

4 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

I know ZM have one in development in '32 ...

How do we know this is Tamiya? ... or '32??

Rog :)

Good questions. The fact that someone posted these on Tamiya’s magazine page shouldn’t be taken as proof that this is a Tamiya project. We’ll just have to wait for the answers.

Adam

First of all, that is not the "Tamiya Model Magazine" FB page.

Secondly, what you see in those pictures shares a suspicious amount of errors and shape inaccuracies with the Trumpeter kits. Just look at the engine bearer.

I am quite familiar with the Tamiya 1/72 and 1/48 kits and I can tell you that what you see here has little in common with those Tamiya kits.

Radu

Edited by Radub

12 minutes ago, Radub said:

First of all, that is not the "Tamiya Model Magazine" FB page.

Secondly, what you see in those pictures shares a suspicious amount of errors and shape inaccuracies with the Trumpeter kits. Just look at the engine bearer.

I am quite familiar with the Tamiya 1/72 and 1/48 kits and I can tell you that what you see here has little in common with those Tamiya kits.

Radu

Agreed... missing the undercut (teardrop shape) on the spinner for the propeller opening (I doubt Tamiya would miss that) and the alignment tab on the glycol tank looks suspiciously like the ones on the Trumpeter kits as well...I’m wrong more often than not though...

14 minutes ago, Radub said:

I am 100% certain these are renderings of the Trumpeter kit.

Radu

Thanks for scotching the rumour. I'm happy with my Revells in this instance and still hope they might kit a G-2 or -4, although I'd rather see a Ju 88 C. 

Am not expecting anything new in 1/32 from Tamiya, though still dream of them doing 1/48 "Century Series over Japan" to supersede the ancient Revellogram kits. 

Tony