Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Jan_G

As I said, these are renderings of the 1/24 Trumpeter kit. Here is the review: https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1971 

Compare the engine wiring (vinyl in the kit), the wrong engine bearer, the wrong shape of the nose, the wrong shape of the rudder, the wrong shape of the underside of the fuselage behind the wing trailing edge. Those are renderings of the 1/24 Trumpeter kit. 

Tamiya may be working on a Bf 109, we do not know, but these renderings are not "it". And if they are "it", it would be weird for Tamiya to ignore all their good research used on their 1/72 and 1/48 kit and use this inaccurate CAD instead. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

Oh nice!  Can we kindly have another 47 pages of endless new speculations and civil banter?     Going to get my cheese platter and a nice port!  I was all excited for the Chiefs/ Texan game tonight...:coolio:  Now I have something really interesting to read....( Just a little LSP humor).  Not to offend anyone.  

Haven't Trumpeter used this ruse before? It's a marketing gimmick,They announce a kit

'in development' but in actual fact it's already been produced warts and all, if they'd only slow down and speak to their potential customers they might end up with a set of drawings in their lap.

Graham 

1 minute ago, GrahamF said:

Haven't Trumpeter used this ruse before? It's a marketing gimmick,They announce a kit

'in development' but in actual fact it's already been produced warts and all, if they'd only slow down and speak to their potential customers they might end up with a set of drawings in their lap.

Graham 

If this is a kit that Trumpeter already has out, how does this ruse work?  If it is the 1/24 Trumpeter kit, those have been out for over 15 years.  Just don’t understand what would be in it for them.

These renderings popped up on FB and someone just jumped to the conclusion that it must be a Tamiya kit. Those who are familiar with Messerschmitt kits could spot the Trumpeter kit in seconds. Despite claims of the contrary, there are not that many Bf 109 LSP kits and all of them suffer from distinctive and identifiable (fingerprint-like) errors/features. 

Radu

1 hour ago, Radub said:

These renderings popped up on FB and someone just jumped to the conclusion that it must be a Tamiya kit. Those who are familiar with Messerschmitt kits could spot the Trumpeter kit in seconds. Despite claims of the contrary, there are not that many Bf 109 LSP kits and all of them suffer from distinctive and identifiable (fingerprint-like) errors/features. 

Radu

Sooo we can be done with this thread?  There are IMHO so many planes Tamiya could produce and others on this site have compiled wish lists.

My drum beat for a few years now has been no more Bf-109s, Spitfires, Fw-190s and the other standards that companies think will sell.   ICM is my company of choice right now.  Dora Wings, and Meng are right behind.

OK off my soap box

Rick