Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Jan_G

40 minutes ago, Radub said:

The G-6 is where the Bf 109 really matured. It was around the G-6 that most radical changes and improvements happened, armament, power plants, aerodynamics, which led to the later more streamlined versions. When publishers release books on the Bf 109 they prefer to split the lineage into two large categories: “pointy nose” (B,C,D,E) and “round nose” (F,G,K) which may explain why some think in terms of “early” and “late”. But that is too simplistic. Putting the F, G and K together into one large family just because they share a round spinner is missing the point. The F is quite different from the G. The G-6 alone deserves a book on its own. The K deserves a book on its own too because it was a “reimagined” Bf 109 inside and out, think of it like MiG-21 vs MiG-21 Bis, similar but not the same. 
Radu

Sounds like a fun project Radu, I learned something- your enthusiasm is infectious- hope they sell like hot cakes. 

6 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

And personally I couldn’t care less about the incremental changes of the G6, as I’m interested in an E-Trop. But as long as it’s generally accurate not overcooked -goes together well and isn’t too expensive I’ll get it. Look forward to it’s release whatever version it is

whilst I have confidence in their ability to produce an accurate rendition of whatever marque they decide to go with, I think Z-M are unlikely to meet your criteria for not being 'overcooked', 'going together well' (I presume you mean Hasegawa / shake & bake?), and inexpensive.

the only company i think that could meet all those is a new tool Hasegawa

anyway, back to ZM, I am hugely excited to hear Radu is involved with the project

Ok here we go. Over on BM in the rumormonger section a member (and fellow Aussie) said that he was having a few beers with an engineer that did work for the big T before Covid hit. He said he was working on (CAD) a WW2 twin engined aircraft used in the Pacific. He did also say that a lot of CAD work is done on subjects that never see daylight. If what he was working on does make it into plastic it can really only be a P-38 as T must have lots of data that they used to make the 1/48 P-38s. You heard it here first unless it's all a hoax in which case this post will self destruct.

TRF

All the books I have read on the BF-109 seem to point to the F model  as the best overall. It was the favorite of many of the Aces including Galland. Only problem was lack of offensive weight of firepower. G6 had better firepower but overall flight characteristics suffered and only got worse as more firepower was added.  

I am a big fan of the G family look forward to anything new. 

Would not expect anything new from ZM till end of 2021 however. They have yet to release the balance of HS-129. And they still have the FW-190 our there somewhere. 

Paul C 

1 hour ago, Paul2660 said:

All the books I have read on the BF-109 seem to point to the F model  as the best overall.

Judging on specs alone, the G-4 was better than the F because it had the same armament and aerodynamics as the F but with the more powerful DB 605 engine, better armour and better radio.

Radio 

As it stands, I have a Revell G-10 on my desk ATM and one more plus 2 G-6s in the stash. I bought a bunch of AM stuff for them, so I'll stay with what I have. At some point you have to draw the line and say I've got enough. I keep drooling over the Tamiya Corsair, but have a Revell and a Trumpie, so that will have to do. But if the Gods bless us with a Do-17Z, I'll sell my mother in law to get one.

1 hour ago, Sabre F-86 said:

As it stands, I have a Revell G-10 on my desk ATM and one more plus 2 G-6s in the stash. I bought a bunch of AM stuff for them, so I'll stay with what I have. At some point you have to draw the line and say I've got enough. I keep drooling over the Tamiya Corsair, but have a Revell and a Trumpie, so that will have to do. But if the Gods bless us with a Do-17Z, I'll sell my mother in law to get one.

I'd dump the Revell and Trumpeter Corsair kits, and snatch the Tamiya kit; it's outstanding in every way imaginable.

Well...  I hope that someone is developing it, and I hope it comes in the next year or two.  Real tired of hearing:  "109's are done to death".  Maybe they were done to death for you.  But every 109 kit I've seen needs some AM to make it right.   And while you were perhaps getting done-to-death in the last 40 years, some of us weren't modelling.  So, please just consider that many new models are made for others and not for that guy that has everything.

I've got the Revell G6.  I've paid twice as much for AM as I did for the kit.  And there is more that I could have gotten.  I've got a Hasegawa G6, too.  And  in the last couple of years, I built the ancient Monogram 1/32 G6 with it's very far from perfect dimensions, shapes, and fixtures for moving rudder and elevators.  Are there any I missed?  Just to exclude Trumpy, I bought there F4 which is really a G2.  The spinner is way off and the rivets that aren't perpendicular to the skin caused me to use the kit for parts.  Heh...  it supplied the elevators and flaps for the ancient Monogram build.

Anyway....  whoever builds it... and whether it be a 109G6 Late, or a 109G12...  Thank you for your effort!  it will sell.  I guarandamnteeit.