Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Jan_G

21 hours ago, Radub said:

The ZM Bf 109 is not "vaporware", work is in progress and I have "some involvement" with it. ^_^ It takes years and a lot of work to produce a model, and this one is on its way. 

Radu

Good to know.  I'd love to get a newly designed 109, so I'll be watching for this one.

Thanks,

Michael

2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Such a tease Radu:rolleyes:

Vague questions get vague answers. :)

"Late" and "early" are vague terms considering that each letter suffix that was applied to any type of Bf 109 can sometimes be described as "early" or "late". Take for example the Bf 109 G-6, which due to incremental improvements may feature components and equipment (canopy, head armour, tail fin and rudder, water-methanol injection, cannon) that can best described as "early" (as intended on paper) and "late" (almost indistinguishable from a G-14). 

I have to clarify that I am not an official "spokesperson" for ZM. I am only a CAD designer and researcher working with ZM as part of a wider team.  That team also includes people in charge of official announcements and I think it is best to allow them to make that kind of announcement. :) 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

9 hours ago, Radub said:

I have to clarify that I am not an official "spokesperson" for ZM. I am only a CAD designer and researcher working with ZM as part of a wider team.  That team also includes people in charge of official announcements and I think it is best to allow them to make that kind of announcement. :) 

Radu 

Just out of curiosity, what CAD software do you use for this?

7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

You're right Radu but when people do not specify, they generally consider early are pre-WW2 marks (A to E) while late are the F to K developed during the war. 

Thanks yes, I was going to specify ‘e or g ?’ But maybe that is too general for some anyway 

5 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Thanks yes, I was going to specify ‘e or g ?’ But maybe that is too general for some anyway 

And personally I couldn’t care less about the incremental changes of the G6, as I’m interested in an E-Trop. But as long as it’s generally accurate not overcooked -goes together well and isn’t too expensive I’ll get it. Look forward to it’s release whatever version it is

Edited by Pup7309

4 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

I couldn’t care less about the incremental changes of the G6

The G-6 is where the Bf 109 really matured. It was around the G-6 that most radical changes and improvements happened, armament, power plants, aerodynamics, which led to the later more streamlined versions. When publishers release books on the Bf 109 they prefer to split the lineage into two large categories: “pointy nose” (B,C,D,E) and “round nose” (F,G,K) which may explain why some think in terms of “early” and “late”. But that is too simplistic. Putting the F, G and K together into one large family just because they share a round spinner is missing the point. The F is quite different from the G. The G-6 alone deserves a book on its own. The K deserves a book on its own too because it was a “reimagined” Bf 109 inside and out, think of it like MiG-21 vs MiG-21 Bis, similar but not the same. 
Radu