Tamiya 1/32 Bf-109G rumours and anything else

Jan_G

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Oh nice!  Can we kindly have another 47 pages of endless new speculations and civil banter?     Going to get my cheese platter and a nice port!  I was all excited for the Chiefs/ Texan game tonight...:coolio:  Now I have something really interesting to read....( Just a little LSP humor).  Not to offend anyone.  

"Come for the cheese and port, stay for the pecan pie fight."

Adam

Let's let this one die.  It's clearly not a Tamiya rendering, they are like Fort Knox when it comes to releasing CAD renderings. 

The "what will Tamiya release in 1/32" topic is getting really really old.

We are 99% sure it's nothing..........  and we will eat that crow if it comes, but only if it comes with biscuits and gravy

6 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Let's let this one die.  It's clearly not a Tamiya rendering, they are like Fort Knox when it comes to releasing CAD renderings. 

We are 99% sure it's nothing..........  and we will eat that crow if it comes, but only if it comes with biscuits and gravy

I think I'd prefer plain crow. 

Edited by LSP_Mike
Unneeded comment

7 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

I agree in part.  Tamiya did release advances of the Mustang and Corsair in Cad.  Maybe the Mosquito as well but I forget.  They have started teasing some images a month or two ahead of official release.  They also did it with the 1/48 P-38.

At the same time I looked at the facebook thread and I don't think it was an official Tamiya release.  I cannot speak to accuracy as others have on here but it did not look official to me.  There are multiple sources where a new Tamiya release can be confirmed with some welcoming and this does not look like one, plus there are no other sources that i could find.  No one else is reporting any other sources and when they do come out they come from Japan no Taiwan.

You only have to go back a year to see Tamiya used some very spurious P-38 images to get word out thats what they where working on.

Funnily enough the internet lit up with people denying the possibility of them doing a new P-38.

Door is wide open for a great 32nd 109G family, wide open.

In fact we need a good 109G in 32 with every other kit having issues from small to nit so small.
If they do it will complete the big trio in 32..

Edited by Darren Howie

3 minutes ago, Darren Howie said:

You only have to go back a year to see Tamiya used some very spurious P-38 images to get word out thats what they where working on.

Funnily enough the internet lit up with people denying the possibility if them doing a new P-38.

Door is wide open for a great 32nd 109G family, wide open.

In fact we need a good 109G in 32 with every other kit having issues from small to nit so small.
If they do it will complete the big trio in 32..

Very true, just a shame it was the wrong scale re the P-38 :)

6 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

ZM are developing a Bf 109G-6, which should prove definitive. 

I disagree. However it is stylistic and a matter of taste.  If ZM and Tamiya do the same kit I will go for Tamiya.  Take the Mustang.  ZM has a lot of detail that is forever buried inside the kit.  However the Tamiya kit engineered in removable panels so that the plane could be buttoned up gear down or panels open.   It could even be posed gear up.  The gear up I found the least useful.  But I like their style of giving options and not locking you in to open panels or buried useless detail.

I like ZM and plan to oneway build their Skyraider.  If they did a G-6 and Tamiya did not I will get their G-6.  But given a choice of identical subjects chances are 90% I am going Tamiya.  

I do not claim that Tamiya is better than Zm but I personally like Tamiya better.

I hope these rumours of a Tamiya 109 are correct, as I'd love to see a new Tamiya release.  It's been way too long since they last released a new plane in LSP.  But I won't hold my breath, just as I won't for a ZM release.  Aren't ZM and HKM also rumoured to be releasing a P-51B too??  As well as a re-release of ZM's TA-152???  I could go blue in the face waiting for all these, but you can be sure I'd be all over a new Tamiya 109, and I have my name down with ZM for an email for the TA-152.

Trouble is they all seem to be vapourware.  Thankfully we have ICM doing some wonderful releases of planes we haven't seen before in LSP, and their models are so good to build too.  So :thumbsup: to them at least.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I hope these rumours of a Tamiya 109 are correct, as I'd love to see a new Tamiya release.  It's been way too long since they last released a new plane in LSP.  But I won't hold my breath, just as I won't for a ZM release.  Aren't ZM and HKM also rumoured to be releasing a P-51B too??  As well as a re-release of ZM's TA-152???  I could go blue in the face waiting for all these, but you can be sure I'd be all over a new Tamiya 109, and I have my name down with ZM for an email for the TA-152.

Trouble is they all seem to be vapourware.  Thankfully we have ICM doing some wonderful releases of planes we haven't seen before in LSP, and their models are so good to build too.  So :thumbsup: to them at least.

Cheers,

Michael

The ZM Bf 109 is not "vaporware", work is in progress and I have "some involvement" with it. ^_^ It takes years and a lot of work to produce a model, and this one is on its way. 

Radu