Forum Upgrade

LSP_Kevin

4 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Not an option on an iPad.  It just says clear history and website data and the confirm prompt says it clears cookies too.  No way to split it out.

Fair enough. Safari on iOS is probably trailing the browser pack right now, unfortunately. My guess is that once the cache expires and the cookies are refreshed, it should start behaving normally for you again.

Kev

42 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Fair enough. Safari on iOS is probably trailing the browser pack right now, unfortunately. My guess is that once the cache expires and the cookies are refreshed, it should start behaving normally for you again.

Kev

ARC swapped to the new format too, however, there I can go to the first unread thread in a multi page thread.  The drop down options at the top of my unread content feed is the same there as here, but it seems that they’ve implemented the right sidebar in the threads, so maybe that makes a difference?  I’m wondering if the software forces you to see those stats, so if they are only on the first page, you always go to the first page.

Edited by Dave Williams

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

ARC swapped to the new format too, however, there I can go to the first unread thread in a multi page thread.  The drop down options at the top of my unread content feed is the same there as here, but it seems that they’ve implemented the right sidebar in the threads, so maybe that makes a difference?  I’m wondering if the software forces you to see those stats, so if they are only on the first page, you always go to the first page.

I don't really know, Dave. For me, the stats appear under the first post of every page, not just the initial one. I'll have to check it out on my iPad and see what it's doing (though mine is really old, so possibly not trustworthy). Everything's normal on the desktop, so it could just be an iOS issue.

Kev

5 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I don't really know, Dave. For me, the stats appear under the first post of every page, not just the initial one. I'll have to check it out on my iPad and see what it's doing (though mine is really old, so possibly not trustworthy). Everything's normal on the desktop, so it could just be an iOS issue.

Kev

I figured it out.  I clicked my name in the upper right to get into my account settings.  The “Content View Behavior” had been reset to “take me to the beginning”.  I changed it to “take me to comments I haven’t read”, saved it, and it’s good now.

Just now, Starfighter said:

I really like the new layout, just BB Code not working anymore is rather annoying for my workflow as I have to click the "insert image from link" every time which is an additional step... but I'm sure I'll get used to it. 

Actually, you don't need to do that at all, Ben. Just paste the link directly into the post edit window and hit either enter or return. That's it!

Kev

1 minute ago, Starfighter said:

I tried that when I edited my post but that didn't work! I'll try it again when I write a new post. 

Are you using a desktop device or a mobile device? If the former, just watch out for the little notification that pops up, asking if you want to embed the linked file, or keep it as a link. If you don't see it, and you don't get an image after pressing enter/return, there may be something up with your browser.

Kev

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I figured it out.  I clicked my name in the upper right to get into my account settings.  The “Content View Behavior” had been reset to “take me to the beginning”.  I changed it to “take me to comments I haven’t read”, saved it, and it’s good now.

Well done Dave!...thanks for the tip, that was really annoying.

Cheer's,

Jeff.