Forum Upgrade

LSP_Kevin

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

One of the nice features I've just noticed about the new upgrade is that quoted posts are truncated, with an 'expand' option at the bottom of the quote box. You get to see the equivalent of about 3-4 lines, and the rest fades off. About time!

Kev

yes to this!

the people who keep quoting a post with a thousand pics in drive me nuts

the forum also seems to load faster now btw, both on mac and on iphone (chrome as broswer)

previously it was dog slow when no other forum had issues

anyway, nice one and thank you for your work

Nick

11 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

One of the nice features I've just noticed about the new upgrade is that quoted posts are truncated, with an 'expand' option at the bottom of the quote box. You get to see the equivalent of about 3-4 lines, and the rest fades off. About time!

Kev

Especially handy for those that still insist on quoting multiple photos over and over.

4 minutes ago, Marcel111 said:

Looks like my forum image links to ImageShak no longer work when I create a new post with an image?

Cheers,

Marcel

I have no idea. Mine's still working fine, just posted an image a few minutes ago.

50 minutes ago, Marcel111 said:

Looks like my forum image links to ImageShak no longer work when I create a new post with an image?

Cheers,

Marcel

This is due to bbCode no longer being supported. I've replied to your thread in LSP Discussion with a more detailed explanation, Marcel.

Kev

36 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

This is due to bbCode no longer being supported. I've replied to your thread in LSP Discussion with a more detailed explanation, Marcel.

Kev

I had assumed it might be that, as you had earlier mentioned as much within these very pages.

Overall.........  I really like it. Editing a post is in the top right corner of the post, click on the three little dots.

Little things like notices being highlighted in welcoming green rather than alarm red are certainly welcome. 

Thanks Kev,

Ron

8 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

It no longer seems to go to the first unread post when I click on a thread.  Now, it always goes to the first post on page one of the thread.

Right, and that's already getting tiring. Hopefully Kev can fix that.

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

It no longer seems to go to the first unread post when I click on a thread.  Now, it always goes to the first post on page one of the thread.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Right, and that's already getting tiring. Hopefully Kev can fix that.

It's working normally for me, so you fellas might have to clear your respective browser caches and report back.

Kev

13 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I’ll let someone else try that.  I’m not interested in wiping out all of my history and having to relog onto every site for something that might not work.

That only happens if you clear your cookies too, which should be available as a separate operation. Just don't do that bit - you only want to clear your cache.

Kev

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That only happens if you clear your cookies too, which should be available as a separate operation. Just don't do that bit - you only want to clear your cache.

Kev

Not an option on an iPad.  It just says clear history and website data and the confirm prompt says it clears cookies too.  No way to split it out.

Edited by Dave Williams