Forum Upgrade

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

There's another update to the forum software waiting in the wings, and this one looks to introduce a slightly different visual style to the interface. If you want a preview, I've already performed the upgrade over at Scale Model Paint Masks:

https://www.scalemodelpaintmasks.com/

I intend to apply it here some time over the weekend, so I'll try to give you guys a bit of advance notice, but hopefully it won't take long when it happens.

Kev

Forum upgrade complete! I'll have to update the banner logo to match the new theme, but otherwise, hopefully everything is working normally! Please let me know if you spot any issues.

There is one change that's worth mentioning specifically, however: support for bbCode has now been removed, and will no longer work. So when you're grabbing image links from your various hosting providers, try to copy the direct link, not the bbCode one.

Kev

5 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

I generally like it Kev, other than the info on the right third that shrinks every else on the left, like pics.  Can we turn that off?

Cheers,

Chuck

Do you mean the sidebar? That should only show on the home page, and not within threads and topics.

Kev

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Do you mean the sidebar? That should only show on the home page, and not within threads and topics.

Kev

Yes.  I'm getting it within my own Tempest thread on every page.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

I don’t see the sidebar in the threads.  The post goes all the way to the right side.  On the forum home page, I see the side bar.  On a stream, like unread content, the side bar itself isn’t present, but there is empty space on the right side where it would be.  I’m viewing it on an iPad if that makes any difference.

Check that.  I’m not seeing the side bar in this particular thread, but I am seeing it in other threads.  Maybe in threads that have pictures?

Edited by Dave Williams