Ukrainian Mania - The digital ‘Flanker’ - time to call it done, I think.

Stokey Pete

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Those are beautiful

Thank you, they’ve been a mini labour of love. 

16 minutes ago, Crew Dog said:

Phenomenal ER's and ET's! Can't wait to see how the R-73's come out and how they fit onto the pylons

Dry fitting with a tiny bit of sanding, they fit like the proverbial gloves. Mr Zacto’ and his team have created works of art. I can’t praise them highly enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Stokey Pete changed the title to Ukrainian Mania - ‘Flanker’ full fat meal deal - Back to the cockpit.
  • 4 weeks later...

Took me a while to get back to work on the office. This being dad lark is a bit busy when they’re nearly 3y/o. Keeping a toddler away from the toxic chemicals, paints, and fragile plastic is a full time job in itself. 
I have a couple of days respite as I’m taking the wife and daughter to her Mums for Christmas Day. I shall be at home utilising the empty house time to do a bit of renovation to our home office for Mrs stokeypete to work from, and of course, getting some bench time in to move this behemoth along a step or two. 
Anyway, here’s a head and armless Ukrainian flanker driver on his perch and in situ’. 

50753540598_08d34ea7fb_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

On 11/30/2020 at 11:55 AM, Stokey Pete said:

.....and now I have the rails for the missiles to hang from, finished. Now to box them

up, get ‘em out of the way for a while. Back

to the office painting. 

50665527366_3ee19e5a1f_b.jpg

Omg this picture.. had to look at it 3 times to realize it was your actual work. It look so good i tought it was a graphic render

22 minutes ago, Neo said:

Omg this picture.. had to look at it 3 times to realize it was your actual work. It look so good i tought it was a graphic render

Thanks Neo, there as a lot of swearing and stress when attaching some of those tiny AOA parts on the Archers. I’m super stoked at how well they turned out. 

2 updates in quick succession? What’s going on? I’m making more progress in a week than I would in a month. 
Drivers office glued in, I’ll build the canopy frame and attach it after the build. For now, I’m gonna use the kit canopy as a mask set. 

50772016371_b2b4d32a10_b.jpg

....and I’ve made a start on the nose wheel bay. I’m going for a VERY grubby looking jet. Air show examples are too clean for my liking when compared to line airframes. 

50771269813_3b5954e0d9_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete