1/32 F-4E Chico the Gunfighter - Rebuild

Marcel111

On 9/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, Tony T said:

Sorry to go slightly off-thread.  Have you got the QMT jetcans and how do they compare? They're designed for the Revell but I'm wondering if they'll work with the Tamiya — I can get two QMT sets for the cost of buying one American GT resin and having it shipped across the pond, and I need three sets!

Best F-4E I've seen built. The finish is so realistic. We so need a resin drop-in version of that gun breech access door you've scratched.

Tony 

Tony, I just received the Q-M-T updates. I’ll take some pics and do a review but in the interim I can tell you that all the parts and especially the exhausts look outstanding. The exhaust diameters are the same as the Sierra Hotel variants I have in my two completed Phantoms. They are maybe 1mm longer. If I would be building a Tamiya model I would go for these, but keep in mind I have not test fitted them. The nose correction looks good also, as do the belly open panels. But the exhausts are really exquisite from what I see in front of me.

Cheers,

Marcel

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

That is a wonderful F-4 build. I liked every look of it. One thing I am obsessed about F-4 builds with open canopies is the exact correct angle of front and rear pieces. Yours look completely correct and a big congratulations for making this too often wrongly done detail correct, as well as other parts of your great build.