ICM Wish List

Dennis7423

13 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

MDC do a Rufe conversion for the Tamiya kit. 

And the MDC Suisen 2 conversion is very nice. The beaching doodar is fragile but it's a nice little collection of bits.

(IIRC Out2gtcha rebuilt some of his Rufe's trolley in brass, and I might use thin steel sewing needles in lieu of rigging, for that enduring confidence - overscale, but nothing's going to snap, rust, or render me blind). 

ICM have got a winning streak but they certainly seem to be giving Aerocraft Ali a bit of trade. I always havelikened ICM to Hasegawa or Tamiya moulding finesse combined with Trumpeter plastic — you need Ali's brass bits for a confident build. 

Tony 

38 minutes ago, Johnny Cloud said:

I'd love to see a new series of Allison Mustangs, the Hobbycraft kits are nothing to write home about and out of production.

At least a Mk.I since it's never been done in 1/32 (or 1/48 I think).

Someone mentioned a P-51B, I'll take one of these too and I wouldn't mind new P-47D's.

A man after my own heart. 

5 hours ago, Johnny Cloud said:

I'd love to see a new series of Allison Mustangs, the Hobbycraft kits are nothing to write home about and out of production.

At least a Mk.I since it's never been done in 1/32 (or 1/48 I think).

Someone mentioned a P-51B, I'll take one of these too and I wouldn't mind new P-47D's.

P51b yes needs update P47 not for me but could be popular with some

Edited by Pup7309

Here's another I've just thought of that fits in very well with biplane fighters of the 1930s-40s; the Czechoslovak equivalent to the Gladiator: the Avia B.534.  Some may say it's a relatively obscure aircraft, but it was a lovely-looking machine, especially the open-cockpit variants, and it did serve with the Luftwaffe, and a few other air arms, as well as the pre-March-1939 Czechoslovak Air Force.

<Edit> It does also have a unique claim to fame: a IV serie. version, flying for the Slovak insurgents, shot down a Hungarian Ju 52 in September 1944, thus achieving the last ever air-to-air kill by a single-engined biplane.  Sadly, the pilot, one Frantisek Cyprich, received a dressing-down rather than congratulations: his CO told him that he should have forced the aircraft down, so it could be captured and used. http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/slovakia_cyprich.htm

B-534_III._verze.jpg

Edited by MikeC

On 9/13/2020 at 8:31 AM, MikeC said:

Here's another I've just thought of that fits in very well with biplane fighters of the 1930s-40s; the Czechoslovak equivalent to the Gladiator: the Avia B.534.  Some may say it's a relatively obscure aircraft, but it was a lovely-looking machine, especially the open-cockpit variants, and it did serve with the Luftwaffe, and a few other air arms, as well as the pre-March-1939 Czechoslovak Air Force.

<Edit> It does also have a unique claim to fame: a IV serie. version, flying for the Slovak insurgents, shot down a Hungarian Ju 52 in September 1944, thus achieving the last ever air-to-air kill by a single-engined biplane.  Sadly, the pilot, one Frantisek Cyprich, received a dressing-down rather than congratulations: his CO told him that he should have forced the aircraft down, so it could be captured and used. http://surfcity.kund.dalnet.se/slovakia_cyprich.htm

B-534_III._verze.jpg

[url=https://postimg.cc/D85Tyd1Y][img]https://i.postimg.cc/D85Tyd1Y/1-1943.jpg[/img][/url]

On 1 of August 1943 Operation “Tidal Wave” was planed by the US 9th Air Force Staff.

The mission was flown by 178 B-24 Liberators, which crew report by the radio that planes from WWI attacking them.

Edited by Dany Boy

On 9/13/2020 at 6:31 AM, MikeC said:

B-534_III._verze.jpg

HpH made a resin kit, so maybe they will release an IM kit under their Infinity operation. 

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

The Avia B.534 is one of my favorite between the wars airplanes.  It was absolutely beautiful, and looked properly like it was spanning the old days and the modern era.

+1 I held off on a chance to buy the HPH kit because I'm hoping ICM will do one. :please: