ICM Wish List

Dennis7423

I would agree with much of what has been written, especially in the pre WW2 side of things (more grist to my personal love of the Spanish Civil War), but how about adding some early 1950’s stuff as well. So, here goes:

1).  Westland Wapiti

2).  Westland Wyvern (pretty, pretty please)

3).  English Electric Canberra (preferably the ‘fighter canopy’ variants)

Should any of those emerge before I hit my dotage I will spring off this mortal coil a very happy teddy bear.

12 hours ago, vince14 said:

I think the Lukgraph Wapiti is due to be with us by the end of the year.

Unfortunately, my attempts at working with resin, rather than IM have proved somewhat disastrous in the last. My bad for not explaining myself, but I was after one in IM rather than resin, although given Lukgraph’s very high quality of production I have no doubt it will be an excellent kit.

I think an He 51, Mitsubishi Pete are in their wheelhouse. A Grumman Duck, as much as I'd like to see one, is not. An He 70... maybe, but not many made. Some US mail service types maybe.

It remains to be seen if they will expand out of essentially the 1930s.

I'm not sure how large they are, but they've come a long way in terms of quality since the first 1/48 Spitfire IX.  And here's a thought: they have all three major Luftwaffe twin bombers (Do 17/215, Ju 88 and He 111) in their 1/48 range, so perhaps there's some ready-made research they can put into 1/32 versions?  I'd be particularly interested, of course, if they'd scale up the Do 215 recce version and the Ju 88D.

Edited by MikeC

8 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I guess if were talking more likely subjects in the ICM wheelhouse, I'd love to see ICM put out a PE-2 as their first 2 engined LSP. Not that I think it's likely ICM would put out a large 2 engined LSP, but its plausible

UM0107-2.jpg?v-cache=1533738074

I think it'll be a natural 'growing up' process for them to do larger subjects in time.

Kittyhawk are venturing out into this area now the smaller ones are being done.

I'd say it's all about confidence in the subject. This one I think is bound to do well if it's ever done by someone.

It certainly gets my vote alongside the Tu-2 also.  Fingers crossed!