ICM Wish List

Dennis7423

1/32 ICM subjects are likely to be dinky and have a trainer and/or European bias and possess a propeller. 

I know therefore that a big Foxbat is highly unlikely. However, the 1/48 scale kit's design is "flat pack" in nature and not inaccessible. 

So, Foxbat (and Flagon) Cold War dreams aside, there are a lot of "smaller" jets that deserve attention that fit into ICM's portfolio if they can let go of propellers every now and again: especially a decent MiG-21 Fishbed family which could start with a PF. Something without licensing baggage which Eduard are too reserved to tackle in 1/32. Ditto a MiG-15UTI.

Did somebody say Duck? Surely that and the Thunderstreak have to be Kitty Hawk territory? Both would be super.

Deuce and Six? — that's Trumpy type stuff. Fairly hefty subjects for ICM and not much Eastern European interest but maybe Meng go nuts and deliver one of those and a Voodoo.

Tony 

Looking at where ICM currently are at these would be a great fit:

Tiger Moth

Lysander

They do seem to like subjects that are not taken up elsewhere so a Hawker Hurricane would be a big winner for them.

Perhaps they might stretch to some Italian subjects too:

Macchi C205, C200 or C202. maybe a Reggiani Re2005

Other unusual fighters that might fit their approach would be a Legg 3, La5/7 perhaps.

Maybe they might get more ambitious with a Battle, BP Defiant or Val perhaps.

Can we dream of a SM79 though I am hoping HKM might indulge there.

Edited by BarryWilliams

If they move ahead with their previous products, it makes sense that they would do the Polikarpov I-15 and maybe the I-152 to fill out the family. After they do a CR-42, then a CR-32 series would be amazing also. Moving on from the Gladiator, the Gauntlet makes sense. They have done an He 51 in 1/72, so maybe some of those also (including one with floats)?

What else would I like? Just about all of the 1930's fighters and other planes could be open for their consideration. I'd go nuts for a Karas, but leave that to the Polish to follow their P.11c.. If Lukgraph don't do a Shrike, the A-8 and A-12 are pretty amazing planes and not that much larger than the fighters. Imagine an SBC-3 or -4 dive bomber from just before WWII... especially with those cool yellow wings. There are more than enough great subjects for them to work on and still fit right in with their current projects. I guess it is a bit much to hope for a Martin B-10B.... I am stuck on those yellow wings and 1930's planes.

If you look at their 1/48 scale kits you see some amazing opportunities to up scale a B-26 or an early Mustang or a Do-17Z. Have a look at their big 1/48 scale kits and you start to think maybe they could do something amazing in 1/32 also. They have an He111 Zwilling in 1/48, so BIG is apparently not an issue with their capabilities.

Tnarg

On 9/7/2020 at 5:17 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Some really great nominations.  My La’s and LaGG would be my all time favorite.  But i’d Like to add the following.

P-51B.

He-112

He-115

F-102, F106.

And.........why not, B-58.   

Oh yeah - how did I forget a P-51B ??

Funny how it seems more likely that we get these from ICM than when we do the same with Tamiya ??