1/32 ZM Ho-229

b757captain

Hi fellas,

I finally got around to building the ZM Ho-229! I bought the kit when it first came out and waffled for several years deciding what direction I wanted to go with it. I decided early on that it just didn't have much "curb appeal" finished with a full camo paint scheme. Additionally, there was just so much internal detail that begged to be shown off - I finally decided on half-an-half. I finished it straight from the box, paints were Model Masters throughout and as far as the build itself, standard ZM - fit was superb but there were some tricky areas! Definitely follow the instructions! Highly recommended!

jon8jbt.jpg

t9lkFpV.jpg

IWEqVOL.jpg

I can't remember what color I used to simulate the plywood skins (and the real version probably had painted inner skin surfaces anyway but the real one wasn't see-thru!) but it did seem to accentuate the insides:

0joNRaV.jpg

WA5Mj2Y.jpg

OpkdmCu.jpg

More pics to follow, thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Mark

On 9/6/2020 at 12:03 AM, The Madhatter said:

Nice one! I've often pondering getting one of these

Its the first time I have seen one with the clear coverings to. I think you could go crazy super detailing this with wires etc

Those engines look awesome to
Great job Mark!

Thanks! I thought about doing some extra wiring, etc., but in the end decided it wasn't going to show up well since the skins are semi-opaque. I was curious why ZM did this but after looking at how HK did there Lanc clear fuselage it makes sense to me. A super clear see-thru fuselage does allow for more internal detail but the reflectivity of the skin negates most of it - ZM with their semi-clear skins looks better even though it does blur finer detail.

Cheers,

Mark

On 9/6/2020 at 12:31 AM, Michael931080 said:

Great presentation!

Thanks!

On 9/6/2020 at 12:47 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

Nice work.  I like your presentation of this too. :speak_cool:

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks!

On 9/6/2020 at 3:43 AM, MikeMaben said:

Looks like abuncha work !  Nice finish  :thumbsup:

Thanks! A little more work than usual but still enjoyable.

Mark

• 2 months later...