1/32 D3A1 VAL?

Luzon 43

18 hours ago, coogrfan said:

Dear God, Kev, I had forgotten about Loic’s Kate build, what a absolute gem. Got me thinking about some of the other classic builds on LSP, from the likes of Brian Cauchi, Radu, Loic, Russ, and others....

Wish we had a pinned thread or sub-forum for those rare builds that reach an almost legendary status,  like Loic’s Kate, Radu’s Romanian Hurricane, Brian’s Revell Corsair, where the level of craftsmanship is on a whole new level. We should call it “LSP Legends”......that way, they could serve to be an inspiration for all who come after, being much easier to find in the articles section......

Anyway, thanks for bringing that back up!!!!!! And we need a new Kate and Val!!!!

THOR    

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Now all you need to do is get to work on the Kate :D

Rog :)

Well, all I need now is to discover the price, shipping costs, address, etc. Is there a dealer in the USA or England or Canada?

I pressed the Buy Model button but that does not work.

Ho Hum. Another dud lead.

But I thank you for forwarding the info.

Stephen

21 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I disagree completely, Thor. Singling out specific individuals that may be seen by a few as "all that", pretty much insults all of those that don't get mentioned. I'm absolutely opposed to it.

Well, Kev, I think you are wrong. If anyone here does not believe that there are a handful of modelers here who are a cut above the rest of us mere mortals, are, quite frankly, fooling themselves. There are builders here who’s threads are on a whole different level, and not by their own admission, but by the admission and admiration of their peers. Those threads are legendary, and push many of us to new heights in our own modeling. 

And I personally see no reason why those threads should not be in their own place. 

But, I am no moderator; I have only been an active daily member here for sixteen years, and I have seen some of the best builders on the planet right on this site. And anyone who might be insulted at such facts might be better off somewhere else on the Ol’ interwebs, because that is not, and never has been, the vibe here. 

All my opinions aside, it was just a SUGGESTION.....nothing more. I will leave it at that.

THOR    :ph34r:

I agree with Kevin. This is a hobby, guys, remember? For most of us it is a gratifying pastime, not a competition.

I make my models to please me, no one else.

I am happiest when I make my own version of an aircraft, or tank or warship or train. I love technology.

However, when I want a more or less accurate model of a  particular aircraft and I do not have the time to build it I will buy a built one.  

I get my highest satisfaction when I make my sculpture. I include models of tank planes trains and figures in my art because I love them.

My art is my life's challenge. But I need the miniature models for a lesser satisfaction.

I understand some modelers need to have a forum dedicated to modelers who  have developed superior modeling skills.

However, Kevin is running LSP and I agree with his decisions completely.

ssculptor