109 E-3 Completed

3 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Great looking cockpit!

One note: the map case (part C1) should be placed lower on the right side of the cockpit.

Alain

Thanks!

That's where Dragon put the locator for it. a big old tab that the map case slots into. My bad for not fixing it I guess.

I managed to fit the cockpit to the fuselage and close the assembly up, after breaking off and relocating the map case (thanks Alain) I should note here that the electrical box on the forward right side of the fuselage (in the cockpit) also locates too high up and if installed using the supplied locators it will foul the instrument panel...too far down and it fouls the floor panel...about 1 mm up or down in place will do it.

h0Hc8sV.jpg?1

s8Fpogc.jpg

c4afn2W.jpg

scFL4Bh.jpg

thanks for looking

A few hours fighting with Dragons instructions and photo etch and the wings are now closed up. I tried...I really tried to get all that p.e. Dragon include to make the control surfaces movable. I finally admitted defeat ripped it all apart and glued the control surfaces solid. Not like I take my models down off their dust collection points and move the controls anyway. The first problem with all this is Dragon illustrate the p.e. being attached to the upper wing half when it should show the lower wing half, partly my mistake for not noticing this (Anybody else have issues with Dragon kits instructions?) so all the p.e. components were installed upside down. once removed and corrected the flaps flopped around loosely and the pivot pins for the ailerons gave me fits trying to get them in! (They're bloody tiny!) deciding enough is enough I pulled the ailerons and flaps off the wings destroying the pins and loops holding them and glued everything solid, doing myself a solid and hitting the elevators and rudder with glue at the same time. 

The flexible plastic wheel bay liners were quite warped but by fitting the top part and clamping the wing halves together and manipulating the lower joint with long thin blades and scribers I was able to get a mostly acceptable fit.

Enough whining...

pGyVO7z.jpg?1

0zNoDZ9.jpg?1

JCd1HkQ.jpg?1

Thanks for looking