What aircraft are these instrument panel sections from?

Greg W

Years ago, a good friend of mine who was a airframe and power plant mechanic, gave me some instrument panel sections when he was cleaning out his hanger. I've just pulled them out of a box while unpacking after a move. Do any of you know what kind of aircraft they belong to? It's been such a long time, I don't remember what aircraft he said they came out of. Just have the two pieces shown in the first photo. I have included pictures showing the front and back of each.

Thanks in advance for any information identifying the panels, Greg

50299848253_b3bca5f2b0_k.jpg

50300533096_ecd42fde80_k.jpg

50299923798_37f7b6a7d4_k.jpg

50300533441_1a26a71d25_k.jpg

50300689212_2c835a56b3_k.jpg

Edited by GDW

They do not look familiar to me, but i assume these two panels are from ONE aircraft cockpit interior, and looking at the second presentation it's indicating a max mach number being 0.8, and rather large speed limits for three different flap settings up to 100% saying it might be a twin seater jet, i'd say it's from a Intruder?????

Just my WAG.......

Hi greg,

My initial thoughts were that it looked very simplified for an aircraft with .8 Mach capability as its VNE. After a bit of sleuthing around, the nearest match I could find for it is a C-11B (F-80A/T-33 Shooting Star) link jet trainer cockpit panel, probably from the late 40's, early 50's.

c11-linktrainer.jpg

Link_C-11B_Instrument_Panel.jpg

http://aviation.watergeek.eu/t33-panel.html

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Thank you Derek! Great job sleuthing it out and it didn't take long at all. After I read your post, I found pictures of a T-33 front panel online with the same lay out, including Dymo tape call sign numbers. The call sign on my panel is 0231, with that maybe I can track down pictures of the plane it came out of.

50304053568_0c4ba0463c_w.jpg

50304054703_50c0afa3b2_w.jpg

Edited by GDW

12 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I'm rather thinking this is coming from a jet trainer as both panels look close to perfectly symmetrical. 

You were right! Now I want to build a 1/32 T-33 to go with it.