NITTO Yokosuka/Kawanishi K5Y1/2 Willow

Troy Molitor

The only surviving Willow is in Jakarta.  My kit directions are only in Japanese.  No other language present.  Does anyone have a dual language instruction sheet?  I’m curious what they are calling out for the interior color?   

Wow,  these instruction are light years ahead of mine.  The information on the rear fuselage formation lights is also really interesting.   Awesome job Mark.  

Mike,  

Thanks for the best wishes on the move.  

Palm Springs, PHX, Flagstaff, Gallup, Albuquerque, Amarillo, Oklahoma City, Fort Smith, Little Rock, Memphis (picked up my son) Nashville and Chattanooga back to Memphis all in Three days.  I love the topography of our country and seeing it from the road is amazing. A lot of people never get to see this.  

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

i had an epic move from Palm Springs  California to Tennessee two weeks back.  I have the Willow with me here in Memphis while We’re staying with my brother in law place.  Meanwhile, my wife and I are looking for a place in Chattanooga.   Somewhere along the way I packed up my Sparmax compressor and haven’t a clue where I left it!   I took a load to Chattanooga a month back and dropped it off in storage.   The remainder of our belongings are in storage in Cali until we have a house picked out.  Hoping to get back on the Willow soon but need a compressor.   Can you rent one?  Lol.   

Troy. 

• 1 month later...

My good mate D has sent me an add for a Craftsman 6 gallon mushroom tank for $99 at Lowes..  Great price.  I really hate my 20 gallon tank to lug around.  My Sparmax compressor might be in my storage unit in Chattanooga, which I will visit tomorrow.  I just spent a great day on the Savanna River in Georgia/ South Carolina fishing today.  Chatt is four hours visit away tomorrow.  I feel like a traveling carpetbagger staying with family but Im taking my time finding a place in Chattanooga.   The economy will be taking a dive next year so keeping money secured is key for the next several months.   Look out for your 401K.  

Nice find Rockie!  Thanks for sharing this with us.  

Well,  Thanks to my wife she found another little compressor I had stashed away.  We were looking at houses in Chattanooga this past weekend and I went to a storage facility where we're storing all our garage related items.  There on the floor a box had a label on it and the words compressor was on it!  Me?  Yeah, I just label things as garage related!  Ha.  A trip to the local Harbor Freight today and here's where I'm currently at.  Maybe I can start up on this NITTO kit again.  Maybe!  

.  QVn0Kh8.jpg 

Troy