Matchbox Tiger Moth RAAF Air Ambulance

LSP_Kevin

Thanks, fellas. My scratch-building has always been a tad agricultural, but you guys are certainly correct when you comment that I am my own worst critic! I love what Alain is doing in his build, so he's the man to follow to see it done right. In the meantime, I have the fuselage internals painted now, and hope to post some photos later today.

Kev

Thanks once again, Brian and Spyros! I can at last show some progress with the painting. I've been reliably informed that RAAF Tiger Moths were painted silver inside the cockpit area. I'm also pretty certain from photos that the internal framing on the added cockpit windscreen and hood were painted the external colour - in this case, Foliage Green. I decided to proceed with the idea of silver below the cockpit sills, and Foliage green above them, and ended up with this:

GXC8C0.jpg

Unfortunately there's not much going on in a Tiger Moth cockpit, so the result is a little underwhelming in terms of colour and detail, especially since in this version all the hardware was unpainted metal too. Don't worry about the messy wash residue behind the middle diagonal former, as the seat will hide it.

Speaking of the seat, I've finally been able to finish it, ready for installation:

HFcETx.jpg

Thanks to Uncle Les for the fire extinguisher label decal, which I duly managed to apply upside-down. Still, it creates the effect I was after, and with this photo being 4x the real thing, I think it'll look find inside the cockpit.

I should be able to close up the fuselage now. Excitement!

Kev

Thanks, Anthony! I've got the fuselage together now, so I can show you what are hopefully some images that more represent the final result.

07z5sT.jpg

sqdCUA.jpg

idbres.jpg

2fX074.jpg

Again, all much larger than actual size. I need to install the instrument panel next, and then firewall:

WE5C2a.jpg

Here's a quick test-fit of the new spine parts:

mzrFgJ.jpg

And below you can see the rough proximity with the seat:

VXqAE6.jpg

I feel much better about this build now, as you can see it all coming together, and everything is starting to work.

Kev