KH T-6 Texan - SNJ

Len Turner

My Training Day Group Build entry...

50294214733_0039d2f707_c.jpg

Building the SNJ version. This is my first "public" build so I am open to critique, comments, and advice. Probably have a lot of questions too...

Thanks!

Regards,

Len

Edited by Len Turner
typo

Thanks Mike and Max for the comments and everyone for the likes. Some very interesting builds going on in the group. Good thing about building kit that’s been out for a while is being able to find some really good build threads and other good stuff. Lots of good info. Thanks!

Started with the cockpit this evening.

50303608057_f0096848c4_c.jpg

Regards,

Len

Good progress on your cockpit Len, it looks very convincing, especially those seat belts. Looking forward to seeing further work on the kit. One difficult area to think about once you’ve joined the fuselage halves together is the curved upper section behind the canopy, it’s not a good fit at all and needs a lot of work to get a smooth transition. Some builders have cut the section down the middle and glued it in position before gluing the fuselage halves together. 

Paying my respects... I'd like to take a minute to thank the following folks for posting several educational and inspirational build threads for the KH T-6; Max, Kevin, Chuck, Mike, Henry and all the others who posted build threads, kit reviews, sprue shots, etc. I've spent a good bit of time going through these, making notes, redoing a few things, and, not to mention, seeing a lot of stuff I'm not even going to attempt. Thanks Y'all!

Cockpit assembly continues...
After referencing prior threads, I assembled the floor and seats, each side panel, and the rear panel separately. I attached the right side assembly, attached the rudder pedals, seat stabilizer, etc. to it and then attached the left side assembly. Probably should've used the p/e seats in the Eduard stuff - referring to the use of the lighter weight Mustang seats. Anyway, I've got a couple of nice p/e seats for a future build.

50334724452_87da454295_z.jpg

Moving on to the engine...
Nothin' fancy here. Even after referencing several build threads, it still took a lot of fiddlin' to figure out how the several layers went together to get everything properly aligned. Dry fit, disassemble, repeat as required...

50333877123_737d96d993_z.jpg

Once again, Thanks to everyone for the excellent build threads, and thanks for looking and commenting.

Regards,
Len