Spanish F/A-18 Aggressor Scheme

scott_t

Hi,

I have been kicking around what to build. I had it narrowed down to a Spanish F/A-18B (EF-18BM) or a Navy F/A-18 in an aggressor scheme when these decals showed up in my mailbox.

I forgot I had these coming …..so I think it's a cool look so I'm going with it.

Academy F/A-18C boxing

Series Españolas decals

Other items ….. Rhino Intakes, Aires Wheel bays, G-Factor landing gear, Avionix cockpit, A model tail fins from Avionix, ResKit exhausts, some Eduard photo-etch, Flying Leatherneck's HUD, Pylons, and tail stiffeners.

I ordered paints for the scheme last night from Hataka, as they had all of the colors available. Believe it or not, it calls for 8 colors.

FS36320, FS36375, FS30117, FS30140, FS33531, FS20400, FS30118, & FS37038

Hope to have things rolling during the Labor Day weekend !

-Scott

AESIzR.jpg

14 hours ago, Dragon said:

Some is better than none. I'm still struggling with what I want to build for this GB....

Mike

Mike,

I was really back and forth between the 2 seater B model and the single seat A model …..when the decals arrived for the Spanish Aggressor that helped make my decision.

Got 15 minutes of spare time and managed to get a base coat of grey over the black base.

The coverage is not as solid as it looks in the pics.

I'll lighten the base with some white and hit some areas for some highlights ….. then start working on the cockpit side consoles and instrument panel.

-Scott

iXwr8o.jpg
A3kBX6.jpg
IaCwml.jpg

small steps …. laid down an initial brush coat of tire black (Model Air) on the consoles and instrument panel areas.

they look rough under photos versus the ole eyeball !

Will work on these picking out some panels in straight black, NATO black, some dark greys, etc.

Then switches after that and probably use some instrument decals …….

anyways …..that's all for the moment

-Scott

yTrgem.jpg
EP1SnZ.jpg
iHS320.jpg