DH 82A Tiger Moth S Rhodesia 1943

mozart

32 minutes ago, mozart said:

Haven't touched it Chris since cutting through the wings/fuel tank join I'm afraid.....no modelling at all right now. :wacko:

This is excellent news - no modelling, painting instead. That's an ideal way of resting your mind

Richard

On the Silver Wings Facebook page is a "progress build" just in pictures of a pretty amazing looking Tiger Moth, using lots of PE that isn't in the kit.  I notice that the modeller has put some rods either side of the fuel tank to hold the upper wings at the "correct" angle, but I'm not too sure from his pictures about the dihedral on the lower wings:

W8vSOW.png

N1RUyD.png

A34FX2.png

I'll be watching with interest, so many areas to see how he tackles.

Edited by mozart

That last photo of your set does seem to show less dihedral than the real thing Max. :hmmm:

Is it possible to use bent wire at the front joint of the lower wing without it being visible? 

I wonder where MH Design got their PE? Perhaps these shots indicate the development of an aftermarket PE set? 

Looking forward to seeing you get this one over the line when your mojo returns. 

This model and your other TigerMoth have been an inspiration. I've got the old Revell kit in the stash but haven't touched it. I do however have the new ICM kit winging it's way to me from Hannants so may be pestering you for reference images before long. :rolleyes: :P

Stay safe. 

Very happy to help with references in any way I can Guy, I put lots in the Walkaround section some years ago but if any more are required just let me know.  There's a good chance I'll finish my second painting today, so may feel the urge to look at the Tiger Moth, who knows? :shrug::whistle:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/walkaround/wk.php?wid=157

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's been nearly a month since I last posted regarding the Tiger Moth, so a quick update:

8H0dK8.jpg

Rather a sorry spectacle!!  It's been causing a real block for me, I feel I should be trying to make the best of it but I lack any drive to do so, so I've reconciled myself to "put it away" for the moment!  There's no doubt I'll return to it at some point, but right now I'm rather "Tiger Moth'd out" and feel the need for a fresh start.  C'est la vie!  The Hunter hopefully will be finished before closing time!