DH 82A Tiger Moth S Rhodesia 1943

mozart

No worries Max, Yes they were thick and painted they looked great off the model however when added i did not like them so measured and drew some out on clear plastic and cut them out and painted the frames, this made them look more of a scale thickness too. A lot of fiddly work!!!

Yours does look fantastic,  can't wait to see the rigging go on too. Really does bring them to life.

Chris

Catching up...looks very very good, Max!

And Isee more uses for a silhouette cutter, you are inching me into it! :D

I hope it is just the picture, but it looks like the rearward left wing strut is slightly bent and could collapse during rigging. 

That would bea nast setback in this phase.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Peter

5 minutes ago, mgbooyv8 said:

Catching up...looks very very good, Max!

And Isee more uses for a silhouette cutter, you are inching me into it! :D

I hope it is just the picture, but it looks like the rearward left wing strut is slightly bent and could collapse during rigging. 

That would bea nast setback in this phase.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Peter

:P the strut’s just fine Peter, probably the effect of the camera angle.....is there something called parallax which comes into play on occasions?  Really, really wouldn’t be without my Silhouette, it’s as important as my airbrush. Highly recommended! :D

Top wing's going on shortly, but first of all I need to do some prep for a busy area forward of the cockpit:

rMKvOU.jpg

PbwNLC.jpg

The SW moulding finishes at the sedimentary sump so I need to fashion the drain/fuel supply **** assembly etc. (The software from this site host won't allow me to write Charlie Oscar Charlie King!  That kind of thing is mindless and makes me somewhat annoyed :angry2: Sorry!)

5H60Cs.jpg

I'll add some picture too of the starboard side for the slat control wire asap.

Edited by mozart

The starboard side of the cabane strut/nose/upper wing area.  Not all Tiger Moths were fitted with wingtip navigation lights of course.  The slat control wire, starting with the control in the rear cockpit, runs through the front then up the side as shown, going through a pulley system then horizontally through to the wings.

jRt5eO.jpg

Edited by mozart

Not a great deal has moved forwards, a little work on the Charlie..Oscar..Charlie..Kings.  I'm thinking about the best way of doing the control rods and cranks, favourite at the moment is soldered brass, till I see whether it's feasible or not!

DuC6kI.jpg

Love these IWM photos taken in Rhodesia circa 43/44 of the instructor pointing out to his student where he should, or more importantly should NOT put his feet (ie the first ten inches or so nearest the trailing edge).  The enlargement shows some of the features I've been looking at recently very clearly, note worthy is the absence of the electrical cable run up the diagonal cabane strut:

w5Xvql.png

Iqtvc2.jpg

The DX prefix to the serial shows this was an Australian-built Tiggie.  More tomorrow.

Edited by mozart

7 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Very nice pictures Max and great work as well! I'm intrigued to know how you have rigged the upper wing so far, it looks like you have recessed each rigging point then added an eyelet followed bt the line? Looks very neat I must say.

Regards. Andy 

Exactly that Andy! I always try to drill the recess hole as close to the angle of the rigging as possible. This is Prym which I’ve coloured. All the other rigging bits will be stretched sprue.