DH 82A Tiger Moth S Rhodesia 1943

mozart

This unremarkable picture is a test to see if I'm posting the right kind of format since the forum upgrade, let's see:

Nope, will have to read Kev's instructions again!  Any body else use Imageshack?  OK, direct link (which didn't work the first time :shrug:) but got it now. :punk:

xoSmsm.jpg

Edited by mozart

6 minutes ago, mozart said:

Any body else use Imageshack?

Me! Below is a screenshot from my 'homepage' on ImageShack:

830926467_ScreenShot2020-09-15at11_51_10pm.thumb.png.ecda2bcd5e14a638745b6e771bcd226c.png

I just click on the icon that is 3 horizontal lines, located in the bottom left of the image panel, and then in the pop-up panel, click in the field labelled 'Direct', and copy the link (it should auto-highlight). After that, come back here and paste that link into your post edit window, and hit enter/return to make the image display.

Kev

On 9/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, mozart said:

No sleuthing Chris, supporting! My step-daughter and her friend entered the triathlon at Blenheim Palace, an incredibly well organised event with nearly 2000 competitors over the weekend. My role was cheerleader and “spotter”, great fun and both girls completed it.

Blenheim Palace. I had to look it up because I had no idea there there was something other than an airplane called Blenheim. Pretty swell place for a country home!

Of course here in far away Canada we have the same, except it is called Bolingbroke Palace:

Ti9DAMw.jpg

Alain

On 9/15/2020 at 8:17 PM, monthebiff said:

All looking rather nice Max, looks like a fantastic kit.

Regards. Andy 

Thanks Andy, yes it is a lovely kit, but I think the fact that it's resin possibly limits some of the detail provided, especially dare I say when compared with the recent ICM injection moulded products.  A small "for example": I've spent some time cleaning up the fuselage this morning and having already decided not to have the engine panels open on this one, thought it best to glue the panels in place early on.  The port panel is very curved because the forward part of the oil tank goes underneath the aft edge, see below:

ZExE07.jpg

sp7wru.jpg

but when you look at the real thing details of securing bolts etc are missing:

BKAv6f.jpg

5LAXcm.jpg

Sure I'll be adding them but is the kit quite as sophisticated as some earlier Silver Wings kits?

A bit more in the cockpit:

oRSiMG.jpg

k5PTGe.jpg

I was going to use the supplied "film style" instruments, but I'm afraid they are not quite right, so having exhausted my supply of Airscale ones, I've ordered some more.  SW also didn't include the prominent vertical instrument, a rate of climb and descent meter I seem to recall, so I've added a couple of narrow strips.

In the end I decided to completely sand off the two horizontal "guide" lines and then cut a new "bed" for the oil tank from 10 thou plastic card.  I added a few Meng nuts of suitable size, and others to the fuel filler and drain, then glued all in place.  I had to thin the inside of the engine panel to accommodate the fuel filler nut, but all good finally.  A small enhancement but worth it nonetheless. :coolio:

UqKZva.jpg

A35AYB.jpg