Tamiya 1:12 Yamaha YZF-R1M

chrish

I started this 2 days ago and like a good book, I couldn't put it down! This is my first bike model but definitely not my last (Tamiya) bike!

This is Tamiya's 1:12 Yamaha YZF-R1M. It's out of the box with the only "improvement" being drilling out the brake rotor vents.

Definitely a recommended kit.

There are a few WIP pics on my computer but I only put these ones on tonight. It's painted with Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics and Tamiya and Alclad lacquers.

EzE98OG.jpg

Kqv8ZyV.jpg

IiVFEhh.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks!

Completed. Like every Tamiya kit the fit is impeccable, I had a bit of trouble (nothing new for me) with the decals but after using Micro set/sol,  Mr. Mark set, Solvaset with no real effect, I remembered I had Tamiya mark fit "strong"...well, these being Tamiya decals and Tamiya mark fit I gave that a go and it worked...some Tamiya magic in there I guess.

gt5CAAB.jpg

KtFeMa8.jpg

oH9Jj0p.jpg

gZmeXfJ.jpg

Thanks for looking

• chrish changed the title to Tamiya 1:12 Yamaha YZF-R1M
  • 2 weeks later...

These Tamiya 1/12 bikes are some of the best, most fun models you will ever build. 

Both of your bikes look great.  I can't believe how fast you build them.  These things are a lot of work! 

Ironically, I'm sitting here in the middle of night, unable to sleep, and thinking that tomorrow I will start the bike in the picture.

Anyway, great work! 

a09fbe626d73801ebc43c4aeab944603.jpg

Whooooo, I like that!

be prepared though, if you’re like me you will be hooked and unable to put the damned thing down once you start it!

with the 109 project finished I’m off to the LHS today to shop for another!

I’ll keep a eye out for your build too.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:00 PM, monthebiff said:

These Tamiya 1/12 bikes are great kits, you guys should try some Top Studio upgrades to go to the next level, you will be amazed.

My RCV213V build with the replacement clutch added.

20200611-195845.jpg

Plenty of extra work but worth it.

Regards. Andy 

Yes...a guy could go off the deep end detailing these kits. I was looking at the Top Studio clutches sprockets and chains when I built mine, good thing I was into them before I saw the detail sets!

Edited by chrish
typo