JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

54 minutes ago, SimonCornes said:

I don't want a second one!!

The Viggen isn't a WNW kit, but they are selling for crazy money that will only get worse as modelers build the kits. I know one guy who has stockpiled nearly a hundred WNW, all of them and then multiples.

I missed out on the interceptor version of the Viggen, which I would probably rather have, so I'm going to build the ground-attack variant because it's available and I'm in the queue (just got the update email the other day that all is on schedule). Yet if I had my heart set on the interceptor, well, I'd be hocking everything in sight. :(

Edited by Bill Cross

54 minutes ago, MJL said:

The Viggen that recently sold was mine. It was listed for cost + fees which I trust was fair. It went for USD470. Let that be the market price.

I'd say that's very fair, and a good indication of current market price, allowing for some fluctuation. Likely in the $450-$500 USD range I presume for the foreseeable future.

Now, can we discuss the $466 price tag on their upcoming 1/48 P2V Neptune kit? Oomph. My hopes of converting one to a firebomber at that price are in the negative quotient unless someone wants to gift me one :-p

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I don't know if it is the right topic to discuss the Neptune under or even the right scale but $466 price for is a reasonable one, I'd say. It includes shipment which is $82 and payment can be split in half. The plane is a very big one even in 1/48th so to me it sounds ok in every way.

I have reserved three copies, given the rarity of the subject in that scale and the fact that their second hand market is a juicy one, though this is not my priority. 

On 6/8/2023 at 11:01 PM, Bill Cross said:

The Viggen isn't a WNW kit, but they are selling for crazy money that will only get worse as modelers build the kits. I know one guy who has stockpiled nearly a hundred WNW, all of them and then multiples.

I missed out on the interceptor version of the Viggen, which I would probably rather have, so I'm going to build the ground-attack variant because it's available and I'm in the queue (just got the update email the other day that all is on schedule). Yet if I had my heart set on the interceptor, well, I'd be hocking everything in sight. :(

Don't despair. I missed it as well and was annoyed when I realized I finally preferred the fighter version. Finally I found one from another modeller in my country for a price not very far from the original one. So this is possible.

If anyone is serious about acquiring a Viggen kit, I have a second one that I will not be building. 

7 hours ago, MJL said:

The Viggen that recently sold was mine. It was listed for cost + fees which I trust was fair. It went for USD470. Let that be the market price.

On 6/15/2023 at 4:27 PM, thierry laurent said:

Don't despair. I missed it as well and was annoyed when I realized I finally preferred the fighter version. Finally I found one from another modeller in my country for a price not very far from the original one. So this is possible.

I can live with the FB version. Another LSPer offered me the fighter version, but the price was more than what I wanted to pay. And I don't blame him AT ALL, since I sold my WNW kits for 3x what I paid. Supply and demand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well it looks iike the kits will be on their fairly soon now 

We are pleased to inform you that the shipping of the 1:32 AJ37 Viggen kits will start on 08th September.

By the experience of the previous releases in general, we expect the shipments to start with 20-22 kits per week initially and reach an average of 38-40 kits during the following few weeks, whereas the shipments are scheduled to be completed towards the end of November.  

Perhaps this will finally end my months long slump 

18 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Good news they are on track - I had a blast building my JA37 so even though I had no intention of doing it again - I ordered an AJ37 as well :rolleyes:

/Niels

Well, your Viggen is a real "blast", one of the best I've seen or probably the best there is already, so I don't think you'll have to resist it too much before temptation wins :):)

A metallic Viggen this time, please :clap2:

32 minutes ago, RicardoD said:

Well, your Viggen is a real "blast", one of the best I've seen or probably the best there is already, so I don't think you'll have to resist it too much before temptation wins :):)

A metallic Viggen this time, please :clap2:

Thanks a lot ;)

Not sure there were any metallic AJ Viggens? - Or am I mistaken? - Lets see...

If I had known they would release this as well, I would probably have made a Grey JA37 and made the AJ in the splinter camo..

/Niels

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Thanks a lot ;)

Not sure there were any metallic AJ Viggens? - Or am I mistaken? - Lets see...

If I had known they would release this as well, I would probably have made a Grey JA37 and made the AJ in the splinter camo..

/Niels

The splinter camo is the definitive scheme of course however the first airframes were metallic actually...

37064.jpg

FC-37002-1.jpg

001-F7-66-37066-1.jpg

Saab-AJ-37-Viggen-23.jpg

001-F7-25-37025-1.jpg