JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

A bit drifty but talking of 'miracle' resin kits, I have to disagree. The likes of SBS and Small Stuff make superlative kits whose detail and fit is sublime. It's a shame that both operations have such small outputs but each is a gem. Other resin manufacturers in other genres have similarly awesome kits which require minimal fit tweaks.

4 hours ago, adameliclem said:

Chances are that no 1/32 resin kit of a Viggen, with it’s very large size, voluminous detailing and complex shapes, would ever fit perfectly, no matter who produced the patterns, molds and finished parts.

I’ve been mightily impressed by the Jetmads Viggen builds I’m following, not least because it looks like a much more straightforward, better-fitting kit than some of the more ambitious injection-molded kits  being produced. Press-fit parts in a resin kit? That’s close enough to miraculous for me.

Cheers,

Adam

I am almost done with mine and I can tell you it fits better than some Injection Molded kits I have built over the years. Its far from being a perfect fit and you will go through a few packages of sanding sticks - it is a full Resin Kit after all. Don´t let the nice packaging and CAD drawings fool you, it is a lot of work - But it simply looks gorgeous put together :) 

With a little bit of experience you should not have any big problems building it - it´s my first full Resin Kit

As an afterthought I would like to add that whenever you are only putting the 3D printed parts together the fit is exceptionally good. This is however limited to the cockpit, ejection seat and nose gear section.

Edited by Zola25
Afterthought

15 hours ago, Zola25 said:

I am almost done with mine and I can tell you it fits better than some Injection Molded kits I have built over the years. Its far from being a perfect fit and you will go through a few packages of sanding sticks - it is a full Resin Kit after all. Don´t let the nice packaging and CAD drawings fool you, it is a lot of work - But it simply looks gorgeous put together :) 

With a little bit of experience you should not have any big problems building it - it´s my first full Resin Kit

As an afterthought I would like to add that whenever you are only putting the 3D printed parts together the fit is exceptionally good. This is however limited to the cockpit, ejection seat and nose gear section.

Some pics if available of where you are at the moment with the kit would be appreciated please. Thanks for the reassuring news about the fit and QC.

Gary

9 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

Some pics if available of where you are at the moment with the kit would be appreciated please. Thanks for the reassuring news about the fit and QC.

Gary

Hi Gary

I had been thinking about starting a build thread so you got me going on it - check it out here:

1/32 JA37 Viggen Build

A little update for all those hoping that Santa will bring their kit at christmas.

I asked Jetmads if there are any updates on their shipping delays to Germany (in my case).

Here´s their statement, dated 21.12.2021:

Hello,

No status change yet unfortunately. We are currently unable to ship to Germany, UK, Poland, Netherlands and Belgium.

We are checking with Turkish Post everyday, your Viggen copy is ready to ship and we will send it out the day Germany starts accepting packages again. We will definitely let you know when your package is shipped.

Kind Regards,

JETMAD Team

JETMADS Logo White No Background

4 hours ago, Isar 30/07 said:

A little update for all those hoping that Santa will bring their kit at christmas.

I asked Jetmads if there are any updates on their shipping delays to Germany (in my case).

Here´s their statement, dated 21.12.2021:

Hello,

No status change yet unfortunately. We are currently unable to ship to Germany, UK, Poland, Netherlands and Belgium.

We are checking with Turkish Post everyday, your Viggen copy is ready to ship and we will send it out the day Germany starts accepting packages again. We will definitely let you know when your package is shipped.

Kind Regards,

JETMAD Team

I also ordered a Viggen and Learjet 35 C-21A / U-36A. There is a lot of news in the newspapers about the economic crisis in Turkey and giant inflation. I hope it does not jeopardize the production and delivery of the order.

I’ve got to say a massive well done to Jetmads again. Not only did they get the missing parts out in quick time, but after some more dry fitting and attempting to get an acceptable fit, and failing, they’ve also offered to replace the fuselage parts. There was just no way I could confidently alter it without risk of breakage, or altering the shape, and causing further fit issues down the line. 

Sorry for posting this late. They had a reply last week but I had to sober up to read it just today :):rolleyes:

Hello,

We are pleased to have the opportunity to address your concerns with regard to the current economic situation in our country.

Please be informed that our company is financially strong. Being a part of group companies with much larger business activities, all our projects are progressing with full commitment and as announced. It is true that the economy is fluctuating and currency is volatile, but that does not affect our operations at JetMads as the vast majority of our sales are made to the international market.

The only problem we are having at this time is about supply chain delays due to Covid. We are importing some materials from Europe, mainly Germany and Italy, where our suppliers are having delayed deliveries due to pandemic. Not only the suppliers are delayed to deliver, but also the freight and transportation leg is also giving its share of problems from time to time. This is causing a delay of the production on our side, but we are used to living with it since the Covid outbreak.

While these supply chain related issues are sometimes leaving us in a position to very reluctantly reschedule the delivery dates and we are still obliged by Covid to make our staff work in split locations causing considerable productivity loss, you may rest assured that we are in full capacity to deliver all the current orders and looking forward to announcing future projects.

Best,

JETMADS Team

I received a reassuring answer today.:

Hello,

We are pleased to have the opportunity to address your concerns with regard to the current economic situation in our country.

Please be informed that our company is financially strong. We are a part of group companies with much larger business activities, all our projects are progressing with full commitment and as announced.

It is true that the economy is fluctuating and currency is volatile, but that does not affect our operations at JetMads as the vast majority of our sales are made to the international market.

The only problem we are having at this time is about supply chain delays due to Covid. We are importing some materials from Europe, mainly Germany and Italy, where our suppliers are having delayed deliveries due to pandemic. Not only the suppliers are delayed to deliver, but also the freight and transportation leg is also giving its share of problems from time to time. This is causing a delay of the production on our side, but we are used to living with it since the Covid outbreak. While these supply chain related issues are sometimes leaving us in a position to very reluctantly reschedule the delivery dates, you may rest assured that we are in full capacity to deliver all the current orders and looking forward to announcing future projects.

Best,

JETMADS Team

Just got the email about the second production run.  It seems that because of several situations out of their control, they foresee shipping in mid march instead of the initial 1st week in February. 

Can't wait,

Jim

We have begun producing the resin casting of the Viggen parts. The canards, nose, tail, exhaust chamber, cannon, engine fan blade chamber and the external tank are currently the parts on the production line. Images of the produced parts will come along as we progress.

The 3D printing of parts also continues with the largest and the trickiest part: the nozzle, of which 300+ copies have been produced so far. The 3D printing of the engine fan blades, intake ducts and the afterburner rings are also nearing completion.

In December we have been reported by the resin manufacturer in Germany that they have had to slow down their production, caused by the Covid precautions implemented. We were expecting our order to be delivered by December but we have been informed that our resin will be shipped by 21 January, meaning that it will arrive in Istanbul and customs-cleared by the end of January. Our initial plan was to start the shipment of the kits by the first week of February, however this will put us behind the delivery schedule. We will try to cover some of it during the production phase, but considering the parallel production works of the Learjet line, the current estimate for the start of Viggen shipments is around mid-March.

On the other hand, we have been receiving some queries regarding the current economic situation in our country and whether our activities would be adversely affected. The certain answer is “No”.

Our company is part of a group companies with many other business activities and our brand is financially strong. It is true that we are nowadays having some currency fluctuations but our activities are 100% intact, as almost all our sales are made to the international market. We are progressing the design & production phases of our announced projects and we should just suffice to say that our designers are also working on two future and very exciting projects that we yet have not announced.

The only thing that is slowing us down and obliging us the re-schedule our works is the pandemic, sometimes affecting the supply chain as explained above and still forcing us to keep the production teams apart, causing considerable productivity loss. Other than that we are completely ok and looking forward to bringing the kits we too as modelers ourselves have been longing for.

We wish you a very nice, prosperous and healthy new year in 2022!

Kind Regards,

JETMADS Team

16 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

They need to finish up the first production run, and they should be doing that before sending out any second production run kits.  I’m still waiting for the second one I ordered from the first run.

Same here, i only got one of two. Slowest shipping ever. Been waiting 6 months soon since they started shipping kits out

I have an order of the second edition too, that kit will probably be here in 2023