JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

56 minutes ago, Phartycr0c said:

You are kidding? mine hasn't moved since it left Turkey!!!!! 

That’s freaky, given that yours was shipped out before mine. Hopefully it’s a quick fix with Jetmads. They’ve been pretty good from what I’ve seen.

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

That’s freaky, given that yours was shipped out before mine. Hopefully it’s a quick fix with Jetmads. They’ve been pretty good from what I’ve seen.

John "Tigger" Wilkes' kit was posted before mine, his spent quite a while - weeks? - in Turkey before getting a flight, whereas mine went straight through the system, and arrived before his. I think patience is the key, I had a recent order from Russia which took a couple of weeks to leave the country.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:50 AM, Chek said:

Can I just add I'm pleased to see the scheme referred to correctly as Fields and Meadows rather the lazy 'splinter scheme'.

I physically detest some modellerspeak such as 'Tonka' for Tornado (nobody ever referred to them as that) and 'bang seat' for ejection seat (Note 'ejection', not 'ejector' seat).

Wow, I though I was a grammar nazi and inazi-corrector.. But then it should be "the FOA-camouflage". You would not find many calling it "Fields and Meadows" in Sweden. "Viggen-camo" or  the FOA-camo. It was the forerunner to the M90-camo so some call it that "M90-camo" too. Which is not really correct.

On 11/28/2021 at 10:45 AM, Violator1991 said:

I would add "drop tank" to the list. They are "external fuel tanks" correctly.

Being droppable does not necessarily make them "drop tanks"

You can drop "drop tank" entirely really. Like you said, external drop tanks, "extra tansk" for short (sloppy perhaps). That is what they are, on basically all aircraft. Many.. Some, can be dropped if needed..

43 minutes ago, Paramedic said:

You can drop "drop tank" entirely really. Like you said, external drop tanks, "extra tansk" for short (sloppy perhaps). That is what they are, on basically all aircraft. Many.. Some, can be dropped if needed..

Yes, sure you can drop "drop tanks" whenever required, which is why they are called so. 

I did not say "external drop tanks" but I said "external fuel tanks", which is the right terminology. Some are designed to be dropped if need be and some are fixed almost all the time. But any droppable tank is still an "external fuel tank" and must be correctly called so, the way there is no such thing as "bang seat".  

9 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

I've been trying to tell how the term is wrongfully used as "drop tank" and the man says it is used by "guys like me"! Hopeless indeed!!

I'll take the advice of the good moderator here and definitely will not get into that, as I have no intention of dealing with it!

Every language and profession have its slang.nothing wrong with tech slang.;)