JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

Surely by now Jetmads must know and be are that their current packing isn't (seemingly) adequate, so what are they doing about it? I mean, how can it be economically viable for them to be producing and shipping (FOC) replacements for damaged parts rather than investing a bit more care in the packaging first time around...?

I have 2 pending and this doesn't bode well absent some positive intervention by the company on this issue.

Gary

13 minutes ago, Gary Needham said:

Surely by now Jetmads must know and be are that their current packing isn't (seemingly) adequate, so what are they doing about it? I mean, how can it be economically viable for them to be producing and shipping (FOC) replacements for damaged parts rather than investing a bit more care in the packaging first time around...?

I have 2 pending and this doesn't bode well absent some positive intervention by the company on this issue.

Gary

Is there a way we can contact them about the packaging issue? Do a representative for Jetmads read this forum?

The towbar in my packing is damaged and they will send a replacement. Here's how they replied to my email last week when I suggested a stronger box:

...We would very much like to make a sturdier packaging, however the weight limitations are really constraining, with 2.000 grams strict imit for the small package category whereas the Viggen package weighs an average of 1.990 grams, excess of which triples the shipping cost.

We hate to see our products being damaged during transportation and definitely would love to see all modellers receving their packages the way they are intended. Thankfully reported damages are less than 10% and all such parts are being produced again and re-shipped, which is an extra cost for us but keeps general shipping costs at buyer-friendly levels...

I see the logic here, it appears to be a calculated risk. If it is around 10% then it must be totalling up to maybe a thousand bucks for them to send replacements overall and they seem to take this to be acceptable rather than charging everyone with triple shipping cost for 500 kits. I would absolutely like to be within the 90% to receive the package without any damages but I can also live with that as long as damaged parts are replaced, if the other alternative is paying 50-60 dollars more for shipping.

We paid 15.750 Euros for a 40 ft container from China a couple of weeks ago. We used to pay 2.200 Euros for that before Covid.

I had a package from Japan last month for 78 Euros and I had paid 27 Euros for it last year!

I will not be surprised to see shipping costs triple or quadruple for an average kit box now. 

19 minutes ago, DonH said:

They have detected 10% damages from those who have received and checked their new toys. Whilst I can understand the logic of avoiding increased shipping costs, I wonder if Jetmads are lowballing the damages rate.

That was my thought too and I reckon for every request for replacements they receive, perhaps 2-3 modellers will say..."I will repair it myself" and never even report it. Stuff like boarding ladders being damaged, whilst unfortunate, are of no big deal for me but stuff like broken wingtips certainly are and would be.

Gary

Yay!

Just looked up the USPS tracking # for my Viggen and found this....Its currently 11/22 1:52 PM CST here in the middle of the US:

Expected delivery
November 22, 08:00PM

_9FTspir2AkmJV04yJVTCqcw5kb77yWElboczJj5
Tracking number created

Od78vXBT2p2-jkSRpnH0bXMBPtUtgoEjllUhY0R_
In transit
2021-11-22 05:51

OMAHA, NE 68127, Arrived at Post Office -> Your item arrived at the Post Office at 5:51 am on November 22, 2021 in OMAHA, NE 68127.

2021-11-22 05:00

OMAHA NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

2021-11-21 21:08

OMAHA NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2021-11-21 00:00

In Transit to Next Facility

2021-11-17 00:22

LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2021-11-15 17:31

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS), Processed Through Facility

2021-11-06 09:48

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

TURKEY, ISTANBUL ULUSLARARASI POSTA ISLEM, Processed Through Facility

2021-11-06 09:17

TURKEY, ISTANBUL PAKET MERKEZI, Processed Through Facility

2021-11-05 15:08

TURKEY, Acceptance

Origin - Cached time: 2021-11-22 10:32:01 (GMT-06:00)
2021-11-22 08:51

United States of America (the) (Yurt Disi), Receive item at delivery office (Inb)

2021-11-15 20:31

United States of America (the) (Yurt Disi), Gonderi (Gelen) alip verme merkezinde alindi Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)

TÜRKIYE, Turkey, The item was forwarded to the destination country (Otb)

Expected delivery in a scant few hours I hope! 

6 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Yay!

Its currently 11/22 1:52 PM CST here in the middle of the US

Expected delivery in a scant few hours I hope! 

Its here! 

I little crushed and smooshed on one corner of the box, but I dont seem to find any actual parts broken. 

23 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Mine’s a few days behind yours. 

Don't hold your breath Pete! I was told thousands of parcels arrive at Heathrow on a daily basis, it may be some time before it gets scanned and appears on our tracking system". WTF!      Really?    Iv'e had another package sent from Prague arrival in 3 days by DHL! 

Definitely not Jetmads fault but I can certainly see now how Tigger Wilkes's copy ended up destroyed.... Zero movement apparently in 10 days! 

Edited by Phartycr0c