JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

2 hours ago, frank83 said:

Their latest email says they are re-producing two flawed parts. All 2 x 500 they had done before are now being replaced with correct ones before shipment.

That's what they say is slowing their deliveries down.

When did they send that eMail? - Have you purchased the 2nd edition?

I have not received any mails from them after the Final Update mail for the first batch in July. If they have shipped flawed parts it would be nice to know ;)

Edited by Zola25

17 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

I have not received any mails from them after the Final Update mail for the first batch in July. If they have shipped flawed parts it would be nice to know ;)

"There are a few unimportant but still delaying reasons for this that we do not wish to bother you with, but the most important is that we are re-casting the vertical stabilisers and the radomes of the kit. It has been noticed through the final checks just before the shipments began that those two parts were flawed, they had a wrong panel line on each one to be corrected and our management wanted all 500 of them to be produced again. These flawed designs have been immediately corrected and all shipments since day one have been made with corrected parts. We are now sending the kits out as new correct parts arrive everyday, but at a slower pace than we had planned.

We do not like be late and having to go over announced schedules, but we would dislike flawed kits even more. We know you have been waiting to receive your kits for a long time, but please be reminded we had announced at the very beginning that our utmost goal would always be trying to do things properly no matter how long they took."

This is the related part of the email. I think it is intended for those whose kits have not been shipped yet. I have purchased from the second edition as well but this email is about the first edition. They have not shipped and are not shipping any flawed parts, as I understand.

26 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks!

I'm in that batch of 1st round kits that have not been sent yet.

I got my first one; 2nd on the way of the 1st round still. They be busy this month still if 10-15 per day are shipped. Should be fine.

For those of you in the US (or those of you outside the US who like and/or order from them) SprueBrothers.com now has the hard to find MRP-175 - Modern Swedish AF Blue Grey in stock.

Gettem while they are in stock! 

With a restock of the MRP-175 SB.com now has all 5 of the required MRP colors for the Viggen splinter camo.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:49 PM, Zola25 said:

To be fair, I read the email such that the incorrect parts were noticed BEFORE any of the first batch were dispatched and the production of the replacement parts is one of the reasons for the delay in delivery of the kits. 

If the former had been the case I would have thought Jetmads would have sent replacements straight away together with an email to the affected recipients.

Still don´t know how to post pics here, lol.. But picked this up today:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/184822879@N02/P0J70p

Mightt have been posted already? Can´t remember.. it is fairly new - just colour profiles really and not just JAs, but good drawings. 37326 is there as she looks these days (splinter camo´d Di)

Fine, can I have them permanently then?

;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184822879@N02/albums/72157711199944186

That might be a little interesting as trivia? The brochure by SAAB as the JA was new. My dad had saved one in English and one in Swedish.

**** - I have the Swedish one there.. I can photo the English one if needed. Or see if I can find it online.

Edit & **** 2 - it IS in English?? ´right.

Edited by Paramedic