JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

8 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

I wonder if yellowing of clear resin will be an issue over time. If so, I was sort of thinking one could perhaps come up with a way to uv shield the resin clear parts.

Speaking from my only personal experience of clear resin, I’d say it’s probably not going to be an issue.

I’ve got an accurate armour lynx that has clear resin parts for the roof windows. They’re as clear as they were when I built the kit over 10 years ago. 

I remember having read it somewhere, most probably on their FB page as a reply to this question, that they are using clear resin with extra UV resistance properties which does not yellow over time unless exposed to direct sunlight.

38 minutes ago, JMcD said:

I remember having read it somewhere, most probably on their FB page as a reply to this question, that they are using clear resin with extra UV resistance properties which does not yellow over time unless exposed to direct sunlight.

They explain some details in the instructions as well - "special clear UV resistant resin from Italy" - or something - I am not in front of the instructions but they do touch on it

Looks like finally Royal Mail have my first kit and it’s not too far away from me. Unfortunately Royal Mail stated that it had not left Turkey after Turkish post had tracking until it left. I have no idea of where it went for nearly 6 weeks in the interval. I suspect it was sat in some corner of a Royal Mail centre and as they did not scan it there was no record. Fingers crossed I should have it soon.

4 hours ago, tigger said:

Looks like finally Royal Mail have my first kit and it’s not too far away from me. Unfortunately Royal Mail stated that it had not left Turkey after Turkish post had tracking until it left. I have no idea of where it went for nearly 6 weeks in the interval. I suspect it was sat in some corner of a Royal Mail centre and as they did not scan it there was no record. Fingers crossed I should have it soon.

It was probably still in Turkey, I have a package in Russia waiting for a plane, similar status to the Viggen until it arrived in the UK. Fingers crossed your Viggen is undamaged.

My first copy was delivered in 34 days after Jetmads sent it. Tracking info showed it arrived in the US in just a few days and the remaining almost 30 days was for the customs and USPS delivery stuff. Delivery time may depend on how busy your receiving hub is.

I asked Jetmads if they could send via couriers like Fedex or DHL etc. They said they have sent a few kits upon such requests but the shipping cost triples and even quadruples for some countries.

I am frequently travelling to Turkey, Europe and Middle East for business. I asked Jetmads if they could send my second copy to my hotel next time I will be in Istanbul. That will most probably be a faster delivery but not always possible for sure. 

Just to add insult to injury the box arrived soaking wet and looked like someone had played football in a swimming pool with it. The box was sodden and soaked through. The instructions have just about dried out now . Luckily the decals survived although one wing which was at the bottom of the box did not. There were other smaller damages but nothing I can’t repair it’s just that wing is a mess. I’ll be emailing Jetmads for a replacement along with images and keeping my fingers crossed that the second kit doesn’t become the same fate. Trying to make a claim even though the postie said I should do so and she backed me up on the state it arrived their website will not allow you to proceed if it’s come from outside the U.K. what’s really annoying is that it took near,y 6 weeks to do the same journey that others have had done in 5 days!

39 minutes ago, Chek said:

Well that was mildly disappointing. Got an email titled Shipping Status Update.

Hellebloodylujah it's on it way, I thought.

But no, it isn't.

Just another status update to advise the rate of posting kits isn't what was expected and to be patient a bit longer.

Same, I thought yes it’s my turn:yahoo:

17 hours ago, tigger said:

Just to add insult to injury the box arrived soaking wet and looked like someone had played football in a swimming pool with it. The box was sodden and soaked through. The instructions have just about dried out now . Luckily the decals survived although one wing which was at the bottom of the box did not. There were other smaller damages but nothing I can’t repair it’s just that wing is a mess. I’ll be emailing Jetmads for a replacement along with images and keeping my fingers crossed that the second kit doesn’t become the same fate. Trying to make a claim even though the postie said I should do so and she backed me up on the state it arrived their website will not allow you to proceed if it’s come from outside the U.K. what’s really annoying is that it took near,y 6 weeks to do the same journey that others have had done in 5 days!

Gheez.. Sounds like someone used it as a paravane..? :/ I hope you get that replacement wing sooner rather than later!