JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

1 hour ago, AnthonyWan said:

Just throwing this out there because Jetmads is now out of stock - if someone placed an order and decided they'd rather have cash, I'd love to grab a second one. 

Please contact me through DM to discuss details. :beer4:

I gave up trying to pay for mine as my bank wasn't playing nice so there will be at least one Viggen available soon.

16 hours ago, tigger said:

Just my luck I have still not received my first kit sent 30/08/2021. Checking daily there has been no update and having just spent 35 minutes on the phone to Royal Mail they are saying it’s not even left Turkey!!! Aaarrrrrgggghhhh! ☹️
not impressed at the moment so an emai, has been sent to Jet Mads I shall await the reply and fingers crossed an update and solution. 

Please note that this current situation is not Jetmads having done anything wrong,  it’s their postal service they are using. I have had a reply they are investigating and will report back. It seems that there may be other U.K. customers who are in the same situation as me.

4 hours ago, nichenson said:

I gave up trying to pay for mine as my bank wasn't playing nice so there will be at least one Viggen available soon.

Do you know if they still have your allocation set aside at the pre-order price? 

I looked on the site and it says sold out... 

I wanted to buy another kit two days ago but they said no kits are available and all sold out. I asked if they would make a third run. They said no because they wanted to make other kits however also stated that other Viggen variants will be coming one by one but not specified which first.

I have the AJ in mind. That would be great with all those RB04 missiles or even greater if they make it with a SH option carrying those chunky RB15s. 

I also asked if the JA will be revisited again sometime in the future, to which they replied as not likely in the near future but Di version could be possible.

48 minutes ago, Violator1991 said:

I wanted to buy another kit two days ago but they said no kits are available and all sold out. I asked if they would make a third run. They said no because they wanted to make other kits however also stated that other Viggen variants will be coming one by one but not specified which first.

I have the AJ in mind. That would be great with all those RB04 missiles or even greater if they make it with a SH option carrying those chunky RB15s. 

I also asked if the JA will be revisited again sometime in the future, to which they replied as not likely in the near future but Di version could be possible.

SH did not carry RB 15Fs - but AJSHs did.. ;) In fact, both AJS and AJSH could. None of the unupgraded (AJ and SH) could - they had RB 04Es)

I would guess that the SH might not come, or atleast not be priority. It basically looks the asme as the AJ/AJS - the fuselage pylons look different (when mounted) and it can carry other pods (flash pod/camera pods) than the AJ/AJS - but that is kind of it (no RB 75/AGM-65A sight in cockpit as well).

I expect SF/AJSF though. And they look nice. The AJSF in SWAFRAP had that nice, two tone grey camo with the same colours as the Gripens too.. Quite a few special paintings existed as well.

38 minutes ago, frank83 said:

D version?? That's great news!!

I definitely want this:

b743e9d31e3b7be1ffb72ad2d3b51268.jpg

...and this:

4-saab-ja-37-viggen-fighter-daniel-karls

D and Di are a little different. I suspect you would make them in the same box however. Cockpit is quite different - much more updated and more advanced looking thatn even the JAS 39 Gripen As.. And they could carry the RB 99s (AMRAAM, AIM-120A - iirc it is A, not B anyway)

The antennas on the top - D did not have the same as Di. But I might remember that incorrectly..

That black and gold bird is still around.. In Optand, in the middle of Sweden. It served at F 13 Wing and look like this then:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184822879@N02/51163406362/in/album-72157711199944186/

(Minus the missiles)

Shameless plug.. (But then again, it is no master piece..)

Edited by Paramedic

2 hours ago, frank83 said:

D version?? That's great news!!

I definitely want this:

b743e9d31e3b7be1ffb72ad2d3b51268.jpg

I'd buy a couple of this any day of the week, if it comes with all those golden stripes and markings printed as decals.

If they don’t do another production run of the JA, maybe they will entertain doing a D/Di update set for the existing kits.  Wouldn’t it just be a small number of  3D printed parts like a new IP, a couple of AIM-120s, and antennas?

Speaking of the limited kit number sticker (###/500), how are they going to mark the second production run?  Different box art?

5 hours ago, AnthonyWan said:

Do you know if they still have your allocation set aside at the pre-order price? 

I looked on the site and it says sold out... 

I had it until today.  I tried.  I was going to pay last weekend when we finally got back home but ran into the sold out on their website.  I emailed them and they stated they did that so that they wouldn't sell more than the allotted 500.  I would assume that meant that the initial 500 wasn't all reserved or that they have had people buy who hadn't reserved.  Either way, I have a first run coming and don't need to get so many kits every year.  My main interests have always been the X planes and the upcoming Ouragan. 

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

If they don’t do another production run of the JA, maybe they will entertain doing a D/Di update set for the existing kits.  Wouldn’t it just be a small number of  3D printed parts like a new IP, a couple of AIM-120s, and antennas?

Speaking of the limited kit number sticker (###/500), how are they going to mark the second production run?  Different box art?

Yeah, basically. Also the U95 pod.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:46 AM, Kagemusha said:

Just received the kit, six days from getting the shipping notice, the only damage is one of the casting blocks on the forward fuselage has come off, but the tow bar and ladder are extremely delicate, and just left to rattle around, a bit strange given the amount of care put it in, and a wee bit of bubble wrap placed in that particular cavity would prevent.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:44 AM, Kagemusha said:

Incidentally, has anyone who has received the kit noticed the sticker on one end of the box? Mine is 015/500, wonder who got 007..?

Just got mine! #010/500. Hmmm...

My tow bar and ladder was rattling around, too. Looks like a little bit of damage, too. A full assessment to follow.

Shipped 9/24/21, arrived 10/1/21 - not bad!