JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

Hoping to have my model before christmas too. Concerning the printing layers, they seem barely perceptible.

Instead of sanding, you may fill the lines as I do with the figures :

http://reedoak.com/how-to-prepare-reedoak-3d-printed-figure-for-paint/

However, it needs a bit of practice, you may train on the printing blocks before

Cheers

Norbert

6 hours ago, norbert said:

Hoping to have my model before christmas too. Concerning the printing layers, they seem barely perceptible.

Instead of sanding, you may fill the lines as I do with the figures :

http://reedoak.com/how-to-prepare-reedoak-3d-printed-figure-for-paint/

However, it needs a bit of practice, you may train on the printing blocks before

Cheers

Norbert

Norbert, please make a seated Viggen pilot and ground crew

Edited by allbann

13 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

The U/C unit looks absolutely brilliant and thanks for sharing the very clear pics.

I have this kit on order (10905) too and was wondering; do the U/C units have a metal core being weight bearing or is the material used some special compound to support the weight? I only ask as that is a serious lump of resin and wondered about the long term structural integrity; especially if it were to get bumped or nudged whilst on display or transporting to a show etc....?

Gary

Not sure where I read it, but the model will weigh around 1 kilo, and the resin gear has been test loaded to 3+ kilos.

The mail carrier just handed me my first copy.  Exactly one week after getting the shipped email from JETMADS.

How is everyone’s boarding ladder and towbar?  There were parts added after the second run was announced, and it doesn’t seem like the packing was originally designed with those parts in mind.  They were just rattling around loose in the large cavity with the forward fuselage section, and it looks like there is some breakage on mine.  It’s not really obvious where the broken parts go, or if they are all there, as the added parts aren’t in the instructions, so you can’t tell what they are supposed to look like.

Edited by Dave Williams

7 hours ago, mattcour said:

See page 47 where I had posted some images when I had received my copy.

Thanks, that’s a big help seeing what it looks like complete.  The boarding ladder looks OK, but the towbar broke loose from the base and supports.  The towbar structure looks OK, but it’s wheel assembly broke off and is in multiple pieces.  It may be fixable, but not a terrible dealbreaker if not.  I’m more interested in the boarding ladder, and that looks fine.

On 9/24/2021 at 11:39 AM, Kagemusha said:

Just received my shipping notice, so they're up to 10588...

6V0MrQjp1X_4yD9ufbis2ghxUcTzIh4MrkAJL6Jo

It's now landed in the UK according to Royal Mail, so only five days to get from Turkey, the 17 Track tracking link they provide has no further update since Friday, so it's advisable to try your domestic couriers tracking.

6 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

It's now landed in the UK according to Royal Mail, so only five days to get from Turkey, the 17 Track tracking link they provide has no further update since Friday, so it's advisable to try your domestic couriers tracking.

I agree. USPS has picked up my tracking, although currently it just says it is on its way from Turkey.

15 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

I agree. USPS has picked up my tracking, although currently it just says it is on its way from Turkey.

I got the same thing, but at least they're departing Turkey pretty quickly, though I suppose it also depends on availability on flights, my kit's cleared customs and is heading North!