JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

10 hours ago, Jack said:

Following this thread on and off, but i've rarely seen such a diversity, such a "search" for clarity in progress of transportation of goods, culminating in still not a visual presentation of how and what the kit pertains,...............

Here you go : 

Cheers

Rainer

8 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Just received my shipping notice, so they're up to 10588...

6V0MrQjp1X_4yD9ufbis2ghxUcTzIh4MrkAJL6Jo

White Lady from F 13 Wing. :)

1 hour ago, Scotsman said:

That is a beautiful pic Kag , and a LOT simpler that that blessed splinter scheme - as others have said be patient , mine entered the system 16/9 and it cleared Heathrow into the Royal Mail system this afternoon , 24/9

See above. And here! Two white Ja 37s early 80s at bråvalla (F 13 Wing).

8 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Spare a thought for those stragglers who did not order with the first batch whatever the reason - they will be patiently (?) waiting for their order to be dispatched while we get to play with our new toys

:evil_laugh:

Yeah! I got 11111, lol..

31 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Spare a thought for those stragglers who did not order with the first batch whatever the reason - they will be patiently (?) waiting for their order to be dispatched while we get to play with our new toys

Well, I really fancied one but, for once, brain overruled my model acquisition fetish - with a sharp coat of huge stash reality - and I came to the conclusion there were far too many projects I wanted to crack on with as it is.

But I will enjoy watching you all play with your Viggens - even if it is vicariously!  :)

Looks like a great kit of a cracking subject.

Iain

1 hour ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Yes!!!

My order #10493 arrived yesterday, 34 days from Istanbul to Chicago. In fact it was dispatched to the US the following day it was posted, then disappeared for more than two weeks and without any updates, then showed up last week and finally delivered yesterday.

Absolutely lovely, all the cast parts and the 3D printed parts, everything seems to be properly taken care of in terms of detail and shape. I was expecting something good but not that much, honestly. It definitely is worth the wait.

I hope Jetmads produces many other kits like this, kits we have been longing for and the big fish do not care about! 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, Paramedic said:

Hej xx,

På webbplatsen forsvarsmakten.se följer vi dessa skrivregler: "Skrivregler för Försvarsmakten.se" (in Swedish)

Vi skriver Jas 39 och JA 37. Jas för att det är en uttalbar förkortning. 

Men beroende på vart man skriver och vem man vänder sig till i Försvarsmakten kan det se lite olika ut. Därför förekommer säkerligen de varianter du nämner också.

Vänligen

Joakim

In English:

Hi xx,

On the website forsvarsmakten.se we follow these writing rules: "Writing rules for Försvarsmakten.se" (in Swedish) We write Jas 39 and JA 37. Jas because it is an pronounced abbreviation.

But depending on where you write and who you turn to in the Armed Forces, it can look a little different. Therefore, there are certainly the variants you also mention.

Regards Joakim

There is a section on abbreviations as well. The reply is a polite way of saying "this is the official but some also type it this way" (very Swedish).

Hey, thanks for asking that and the time you have given. OK, we understand it is officially separate but even the armed forces sometimes seem to type it otherwise, like the flight manual clearly is a good example of.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:44 AM, Paramedic said:

Here is one pic of some of the test paintings done at F 13 Wing, early 80s. before the two tone grey was implemented.

JA_37_Viggen_vid_F_13_tidigt_80-tal.jpg

This F13-69 is among the options given by Jetmads, thanks for sharing this photo.

20210925-001720.jpg

But now I am quite interested in building the white one in the picture, F13-37, this is a real rare sight of any Viggen. All other markings should be common with the 13-69, except the tail number of course, so it is quite possible to use the kit's decals and only the "37" on the tail I will have to take care of.

Any other pictures of this white 37? Any info on the airframe serial number, the color just true white, a little bir off-white or maybe a tint of gray in it? Any ideas?