JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

On 9/16/2021 at 10:37 AM, Scotsman said:

Since I started this thread a long  long time ago , allow me a moment of joy

Hello,

Please be informed that 1:32 JA37 Viggen kit of your order #10568 has been shipped today, with the tracking number XXXXXXXX. Shipments are generally dispatched to destination countries in a few days.

We recommend www.17track.net/en

Since I struggling with the mother of all botch ups , my work shop might be getting deep cleaned and prepped , and the Lighting T5 PIA returned to the shelf of doom where is deserves to be !

Don’t hold your breath mine was despatched 30th August and tracking stops as soon as it left Turkey. Here we are some 21 days later and nothing more on the tracking and no model yet! It really is not a good system they are using when it takes so long with no up to date tracking as well. I am going to email them later this week after 25 days and ask them if they can look at using another courier such as DPD who I used a long time ago internationally with good prices as well as speedy delivery. My suspicion is that they are not being sent airmail rather surface!

4 hours ago, tigger said:

Don’t hold your breath mine was despatched 30th August and tracking stops as soon as it left Turkey. Here we are some 21 days later and nothing more on the tracking and no model yet! It really is not a good system they are using when it takes so long with no up to date tracking as well. I am going to email them later this week after 25 days and ask them if they can look at using another courier such as DPD who I used a long time ago internationally with good prices as well as speedy delivery. My suspicion is that they are not being sent airmail rather surface!

Well, at least yours got shipped. I emailed them the other day about mine and they replied that Turkish Post is still refusing to accept packages for Canada, Malta and New Zealand. So I'm still waiting for mine to be sent to me.

Re. packages and tracking. When I get stuff sent from Hong Kong via ship, the tracking always show, just the stuff leaving Hong Kong, and then when arriving at the destination country, no middle stops. From Hong Kong to norway it seems to take 60+ days. One time a delivery from China (a tea pot) took 71 days in total.

Edited by Treehugger

For your information, I got the same tracking issues - all OK until it left for the UK, then nothing for 7 days, then all of a sudden it came in the UK and cleared custums within hours.

The kit was supposed to be delivered on Monday, but I was out so had it redelivered today.  Box came in with one corner badly wrinkled and some rattling noise on the inside.  Opened the box and noticed some of the 3D printed stuff was dangling inside.  Nothing to do with how it was packed, more to do with how it was treated (looks like somebody on the journey needed to let off some steam and my box got in the way).

Anyway, tried to align the biggest pieces to get an idea of size, and the bird is big.  Need to complete something on the bench ASAP, then will start on this one (all the shelf of Doom stuff will have to wait).

Following this thread on and off, but i've rarely seen such a diversity, such a "search" for clarity in progress of transportation of goods, culminating in still not a visual presentation of how and what the kit pertains,...............

2 minutes ago, Jack said:

Following this thread on and off, but i've rarely seen such a diversity, such a "search" for clarity in progress of transportation of goods, culminating in still not a visual presentation of how and what the kit pertains,...............

Did you see the kit content pics earlier in this thread?

6 minutes ago, Jack said:

That's what happens when "on and off"...  See page 47 and afterwards...

Just now, Breaker said:

Yeah, came to say this. There's a load of posts and the beginnings of a build over on ARC. 

All in this thread

ok,..... i must have missed the ARC thread, i admit, but why do we use a different source than LSP to have this all in the open?

My point is why is it taking such a "detour" to get to the point of actually having a presentation on this kit?

9 minutes ago, Jack said:

ok,..... i must have missed the ARC thread, i admit, but why do we use a different source than LSP to have this all in the open?

My point is why is it taking such a "detour" to get to the point of actually having a presentation on this kit?

We are not using a different source than LSP. See page 47.