JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

15 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Honestly, anything I build today will be intact as long as I’m alive to care about it, and after that I don’t care.  At the outside I have 30 years or so left on this planet.

It's not something I usually ever considered before, but while researching the Matchbox original Privateer I wanted to win on eBay, I came across a comment from someone who had built one with Tamiya liquid poly, only to find that it fell apart into its component pieces some years later. As an Tamiya extra thin (or MEK user now I'v had a canister partial refill) I found that somewhat alarming as I'd assumed the original MB plastic would be better. It certainly seems harder than that used in many contemporary plastic kits. I know JETMads is resin, but it did make me think about it.

YAY!!!

Just received my DN Models Splinter Camo Mask from Dimitar.  Ordered it on Aug. 30th, so I am impressed with the ship time from Bulgaria to NW Florida.  I also order my Viggen on the same day, order #10992.  I always thought the Viggen a sexy plane (ESPECIALLY in the Splinter Camo!), but I never really had to have one.  Until, that is, I saw the pics people were posting when they received their package.  Now I feel like a 5 year old, waiting for Christmas to get here!!!

Take Care,

Jim 

8 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

MRP does do a Swedish Yellow, it's #224.  Don't see the Insignia Blue though.

Matt 

Yeah, that´s the yellow. But what were you going to use the blue for? Blå Petter?

Ah - nvm, the national insignias.. Sorry.

Edited by Paramedic
Retardation

regarding order numbers i do not think they go in order as on the 17th august No 10451 was posted & last week No 10565 was posted

that means in 25 working days [normal 5 day week] only 114 kits have been dispatched, which is 4-5 kits a day as apposed to 16-17 a day suggested by Jetmads.

that would mean my order 10738 I will not see untill February? I dont think so, has anyone received there notice or kit with higher order numbers?

I wouldn't worry about how many kits they post everyday, let alone bother to calculate it. It has been more than one and a half year since I received my second Skystreak copy and it is sitting on the shelf, as has been very well expressed. It does not make so much difference if they ship 5, 15 or 50 a day... what matters is they are sending and eventually it arrives. 

I've waited over two and a half decades for a big Viggen and I can easily wait for a few weeks more.

I predict that 99.9% of these kits will be opened up, ogled and fondled, then put back in the box and put on a shelf (like most kits).  I wouldn't be too antsy about exactly when it's shipped or when it arrives.

Sorry to wander off topic, but Jenning's comment reminded me of a trip to the Nationals a few years ago,

A bunch of us headed off to KingKit and we watched our resident F-4 fan buying an armful of Fujimi F-4K/Ms  which resulted in the quote ringing  out over the car park-

"renting loft insulation are you" 

Kowing that at the rate of building he had bought enough kits for the next 30 years 

I visited this friend - that has more kits at home than most old school hobby shops.. :) but it makes him happy. ^^ Personally I don´t like the feeling of a too big stash, which I have come back to now again (10-12 1/48 kits, 2 1/32..)

To post something more on topic ;) - were there any AM stuff in the pipeline? Or is the kit number too small for that? Other than the masks I mean.

I haven't seen anything mentions , I think your right when you said the kit production run is too small to justify anything , however I would point put the existence of the Kitworld 1/32 Buccaneer sheets , and 1/32 Buccaneer kits aren't exactly  think on the ground B) ditto their 1/32 SPECAT Jaguar sets. But I wouldn't hold your breath