JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

I doubt the splinter camo contains black. It is a very dark green with some tint of black, not totally black. SK37 twin seaters seem to have a darker shade of that color, maybe a bit closer to black but other variants have it as a very dark blackish green.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, eoyguy said:

Well on thing...that double-bubble version in the pic. UGH

I do like the art deco looking ... whatever they are on each side of the exhaust. 

Those are cooling air vents for the thrust reverser actuators that are located in the wing root fairings and in the dorsal spine. I had a lot of fun doing them for my Viggen.

Cheers

Rainer

On 8/3/2021 at 9:08 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Its just so...................so ridiculous looking in the absolute best way possible!

Canards, a delta wing, tri-color camo, high vis roundels, a big burly engine, tandem main wheels, what else could you want?

Don't forget the thrust reverser. If I'm not mistaken the Viggen is one of only two jet fighters with a reversers, right? And the design of the reverser is quite unique. Very Swedish ...

Cheers

Rainer

44 minutes ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Don't forget the thrust reverser. If I'm not mistaken the Viggen is one of only two jet fighters with a reversers, right? And the design of the reverser is quite unique. Very Swedish ...

Cheers

Rainer

well three technicly if you count the harrier in they could swivel those a tad forward to minimize roll out....

Cheers my friend 

Frederick Jacobs

• 2 weeks later...