JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

21 hours ago, Scotsman said:

Superb pics - my wife looking over my shoulder just mumbled something about "Bloody Idiot"..  Hmmm, she may have a point 

My wife bought me this as a Christmas present. I didn’t even have to do the hard sell as she has a SAAB cabriolet (and a history of owning a few of them over the years) which I bought for her 50th last year, so my man reasoning was easy on this one:yahoo:

11 hours ago, JMcD said:

I like open canopies, dropped flaps etc so open airbrakes would look good however that would not be accurate as all photographic references show them closed. As I mentioned, they were even cancelled on the JA37s, which must be why Jetmads revised their design, if that is the final version of the part. There's nothing wrong with it being closed and in fact it is more accurate this way. 

Maybe so. But the underside perforated ones add a nice detail touch.

12 hours ago, JMcD said:

I like open canopies, dropped flaps etc so open airbrakes would look good however that would not be accurate as all photographic references show them closed. As I mentioned, they were even cancelled on the JA37s, which must be why Jetmads revised their design, if that is the final version of the part. There's nothing wrong with it being closed and in fact it is more accurate this way. 

37 minutes ago, Chek said:

Maybe so. But the underside perforated ones add a nice detail touch.

I personally prefer accuracy over aesthetics (unless I intend to model it in a maintenance configuration). however, this is a creative hobby, so I understand why some would prefer to have the airbrakes opened on their models, even if it is not strictly accurate for an in-service aircraft as normally seen.

Derek 

16 hours ago, JMcD said:

The thing about the arming lever on the seat is that it has a strong spring and may cause injuries if untrained people, like museum workers or visitors, somehow try to close it.

That's why it is always kept closed.

Ah, that is a good explanation! Thanks for pointing that out.

Rainer

Bugger ... Just received ...

Hello,

Covid has finally hit us. Some of our production crew, production manager and general manager are under medication since last week. They are all doing well now and have been prescribed full day rest for several weeks.

A decision we were very reluctantly but inevitably forced to make, please be informed that we now have to pause all production activities until the end of May, when hopefully everyone will fully have recovered and be back to their work.

We will be pleased to inform you when the production resumes… and please have no doubt that it will.

Our communication stays open, please feel free to send any queries but be noted that responses may be delayed.

Kind Regards,

JETMADS Team

Been holding off saying this but have been discussing this with friends who have ordered the kit, some might agree , some may think im being alarmist, some might disagree vehemently , only time will tell but here goes...

ive been expecting this, technically it is already the third excuse in a row re the timespan of the release....

arguably the other delays based on covid seemed plausible at the time, indeed to a certain point so does this BUT

500 kits at 189 dollars per kit =94,000 dollars ( 75000 dollars after factoring turkish tax)

they apparently have a ‘team’ who have been working hard on this since september, thats (lets be generous ) and say 6 months of man hrs

thats 15000 dollars a month (11500 after tax) lets assume they have a team of no more than 5 people, thats 2300 dollars per person for 6 months, without even thinkin what the MD of a company like this may want as remittance...

if we factor in materials, and consumables, and cad licenses and other costs within a busines, theres now way i can see how a new company trying to produce this can possibly work on such a small income, 

i have thought it may go pearshaped from day one but have bit my tongue and given them every chance but things are starting to smell now imho.........

just an opinion remember , but backed up by a LOT of evidence, circumstantial and otherwise,, other that 10 or so parts, we still have only seen cad dwgs and pics of decal sheets, mostly cyberware...

yes i am aware they have already released one nice kit but its only anecdotal evidence that the company works as there are very few of them out there......

42 minutes ago, vince14 said:

It'll be funny when the kit drops and the naysayers suddenly start complaining about the 'inflated' prices on Ebay.

Ive ordered one and paid for it as have others but from the start, i was willing to punt the odds of losing the money over getting a kit so im a naysayer that can build the kit in the unlikely event it arrives , im not a gouger who has bought it to flip it

4 hours ago, vince14 said:

It'll be funny when the kit drops and the naysayers suddenly start complaining about the 'inflated' prices on Ebay.

100%.

Honestly I have no clue where all the scepticism on this kit is coming from.

Not only do I personally know two people with a Sky Streak kit from them, but there was even one built right here on LSP.

As was stated the major companies with a CRAP ton of money have delays worse than this ALL the time yet I rarely ever here anyone say that it wasn't going to come to fruition.

From the get go myself, I have felt this kit will 100% come to fruition.

I guess I just don't get it.....

There is all of ZERO evidence this is a scam, yet an abundance of evidence it's just like everything else, delayed by the pandemic. Having seen one of their kits up close, I got even a better feeling about the kit.

Also,  as far as "very few of them out there" goes, there are exactly as many Sky Streaks out there as there should be considering they sold the run out; 500.

Considering you hardly see some mainstream kits being built that have many thousands of copies made, not seeing a kit being built with only 500 out there is right about on par.

There seemed to be good evidence of production backlogs back in 2018, there were major delays from several major manufacturers even then.

Most of the bigger manufacturers now outsource their production and as a consequence are subject to 'queuing' all the time.  

Any design delays within an organisation can mean a production slot lost for some time.

Of course add the pandemic to it all and you have quite a conundrum.

I'd say, keep the faith, it seems to be part of the system now so we'll have to get used to the new 'normal' until improvements arrive.

The important thing is that the product arrives eventually, I'm sure we're all not short of a few kits to build while we're waiting? :)