JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

21 minutes ago, jgrease said:

Thanks for the link. The Learjet is marked "available now" - I don't doubt what you're saying about it being a future release but someone should maybe spend a few minutes daily keeping their website maintained.

John

I only see the Learjet as Coming Soon, or reservations open on the website, can't find it being listed as available now anywhere...

53 minutes ago, jgrease said:

Apologies if this has been asked (yes - I've done my best to scan through 26 pages of posts). But has anyone actually seen or received the one kit marked as their latest release? The D-558 Skystreak is marked as "sold out", and the new release Learjet has a price of $0.00. It seems like even if I wanted to buy one of their kits there aren't any to be had. Anyone have any experience with this company aside from making a pre-order?

John

There is a separate thread on the Jetmads Learjet.  To give you a heads-up (and limit the reading of 6 pages on that thread) the Learjet can now be reserved (that is if the list is not full, if so you will be placed on the bakc-up list).  Once the Viggen kits are being sent out (production has been delayed a bit due to Covid issues) they will open the Learjet kit for sale - giving preference to those on the reserve list first, then (if any kits remain) to others).

I suggets you register your interest, or you may loose out.  And even if you loose out this time due to popular demand the Viggen kit is being re-released following the same procedure (registring interest, then making purchase when sale opens up).

Hope this helps

5 hours ago, jgrease said:

Apologies if this has been asked (yes - I've done my best to scan through 26 pages of posts). But has anyone actually seen or received the one kit marked as their latest release? The D-558 Skystreak is marked as "sold out", and the new release Learjet has a price of $0.00. It seems like even if I wanted to buy one of their kits there aren't any to be had. Anyone have any experience with this company aside from making a pre-order?

John

I've been following them since they announced the Skystreak in 2019 and bought two copies, as well as two copies of the Viggen which is being produced now.

They are making a 500 limited edition run of each release. I don't think they will make a second run of every release as they did for the Viggen, their Facebook comments say it is an exception pushed by the big demand of the community, which they say they always like to hear and respond to. They announce a release (or "project" as they mostly call it) as the first step, then open reservations and you sign up for the number of copies you wish to purchase. Then they start the preorders a few months later, with full information as to how long the production is expected to take and other details. The kits may sell very quickly, depending on the popularity of the subject as was the case with the Viggen and that was sold out during the preorders. People make their payments and the production begins. They regularly send you updates at the end of each month on how the production is moving ahead, together with images of produced parts and publish them as well on their Facebook page. Personally I am very pleased with their quality of communication, both as a recipient of regular updates on the kits I've bought so far and having been kindly responded to after my several queries via email.

I've started to build one of the D-558-1 last year but business travels made me pause. The quality of the kit is quite good, you realize the effort and care put in to produce something good the moment you have the box in your hands. Fit is generally very good, parts are engineered cleverly. Some big parts need some filling and sanding, but this is a resin kit after all and it's not a big deal so I'm ok with that. The accuracy of the kit is top level, both in terms of shape and details, which are 3D printed and very very satisfying.

The Learjet is the forthcoming kit as they have announced and nor have I seen "available now" anywhere on their website, only "coming soon" and "new release". I have made a reservation for one copy first and added another when they announced the kit will feature a Japanese U-36A version as well...

On 3/23/2021 at 12:41 AM, mattcour said:

...and now all the masking set manufacturers will hate you :D:D

:lol::lol::lol:

No, they won't :) They must already be very aware that they are producing wonderful masking solutions against anti-masochistic modeling experiences, considering the Viggen splinter camo scheme, and saving a lot of lives :D 

I had missed the preorders of the Skystreak and bought it by the listing price after the 20% discount was removed. I think it was four or five months after the preorders. The package arrived about one month after I placed the order. I wanted to buy another immedaitely but all was gone. 

14 hours ago, JMcD said:

The Learjet is the forthcoming kit as they have announced and nor have I seen "available now" anywhere on their website, only "coming soon" and "new release". I have made a reservation for one copy first and added another when they announced the kit will feature a Japanese U-36A version as well...

le2H3oa.jpg

I'm just going by this. If it's not clear then maybe that's a web design issue. I appreciate everyone clearing that up for me.

John

1 hour ago, jgrease said:

I'm just going by this. If it's not clear then maybe that's a web design issue. I appreciate everyone clearing that up for me.

John

Hmmm, interesting... This is what I just got and also see whenever I visit their website since the Learjet announcement, which I think it was in January or so:

265.png

I do not know how fresh your screenshot is, but if it is a few months old my theory goes that maybe you have coincided with a revision or something...