JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

1 minute ago, Eagle Driver said:

I think I saw splinter camo last somewhere in your post, that is why I posted the rest. IMHO, splinter should come first, not the insignia, although some have done it that way too. 

But yes, this way if putting it - it is also doable, since the masks allow for separate pieces to be re-used. And the option added should be sufficient to approach it in different ways. 
Just a suggestion in the instruction, because the roundel will be the most tricky part and we are not sure will everybody manage to pull that off. 

Yes for sure, I have already ordered the splinter masks from you, and they really do look wonderful.   Very much looking forward to using them, as I will be with the Swedish roundels. 

Having made a ton of my own masks, and having used Oramask 810 for quite a few years now, I can say with confidence I nearly always do the roundels first if I can help it, as it makes them even with the paint surface of the air frame, and they then never stick proud of the painted surface just like the real deal. It really works a treat!

This method applied here, where the roundel, home defence bands, leading edge yellow, camo base color and camo spot cover are all flush with the upper paint surface.

It makes for a super smooth paint surface, especially after color sanding with 12,000

20201112_173320-X2.jpg

Just something to think about when recommending paint steps, as I know a lot of us are using MRP now.

5 hours ago, Matti said:

allbann, for some reason I can't see your pictures...

Sorry about that. I think it has something to do with Google Photo, some can see it, some can not. I don’t know how i can fix the problem 

13 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

That does look good, Just a thought though around painting the yellow ring over dark blue.

Would it be worth having step 1 as a paint white ring then yellow then blue if that makes sense? 

Im just thinking about the darkness of the blue bleeding through the yellow especially if we are trying to keep the paint layers as thin as possible?:hmmm:

That said, My experience with masks is a little limited in this regard. 

I was thinking the same thing: white - yellow - blue - black.

Just got my camo masks in the mail. 

Having just attempted making my own set for the Viggen, sans the kit or any dimensions, I can attest to how much work it could have been.

Set itself looks great and has a fully numbered plan view of the kit and where each individual tiny mask piece goes.

I think I'll likely do what I normally do in cases of complex masks and that will be to follow the guide and  use a pen to number each individual mask part.

Very good. I see there is a lot of attention paid to details. Pylons and missiles have a lot of decals. Squadron insignia look quite good and I like the way how the Indian is split and designed to fit the different right and left sides of the vertical stabilizer.