Gloster Gladiator Mk.II 247 Sqn, RAF.

• 2 weeks later...

looks great!

slightly concerned by all that putty on the top of the fuselage - what happened?

what is going on with the starboard side of the fuselage just ahead of the cockpit? is that a giant piece of PE?

the wing struts give me great cause for concern - how positively do they locate and how did you line everything up?

I just know I am going to break them when i build this, especially as I have spent the past few weeks literally bouncing my P-47 around my desk as paint the thing and it hasn't minded one bit!

8 hours ago, nmayhew said:

looks great!

slightly concerned by all that putty on the top of the fuselage - what happened?

what is going on with the starboard side of the fuselage just ahead of the cockpit? is that a giant piece of PE?

the wing struts give me great cause for concern - how positively do they locate and how did you line everything up?

I just know I am going to break them when i build this, especially as I have spent the past few weeks literally bouncing my P-47 around my desk as paint the thing and it hasn't minded one bit!

Hello, 

The lump in front of the cockpit is the oil cooler radiator with the corresponding plumbing. Also in front of it there are two circular caps. 

For the alignment of the upper wing struts, I glue the fuselage ones first with plenty of glue to make them movable for a while.

I mounted the upper wing and secure it well it with tape, followed by the outer struts and glue them after alignment.

Alignment was done by placing the leading edges on a open box.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SinuheH said:

:goodjob:

Lovely work - look forward to seeing more - always liked the Gladiator - .... memories of building the very old 1/72 Matchbox kit.....;)

Thank you, I hope I finish it before the due time.

Almost there!
As I was researching about the rigging on a Gladiator, I noticed that the turn buckles must be inside the wing structure on most of the braces. 
Since I hate rigging, I rigged my model on the simplest way possible. At this point, I just want the model done.

3FfuxUh.jpg

kwAIUgy.jpg

f1lwb8s.jpg

HxKlf0Z.jpg

pDzoulu.jpg

jh9DaJq.jpg

Any comments or suggestions? 

I like the overall look that you’ve got there, and the rigging is fine but in all honesty I’m not sure EZ line is the best rigging material since it twists so easily. 

Edited by mozart

2 hours ago, mozart said:

I like the overall look that you’ve got there, and the rigging is fine but in all honesty I’m not sure EZ line is the best rigging material since it twists so easily. 

Thank you.

I agree with you About EZ line but I have not found anything else to use. 
Any suggestions?