1/32 B-24 Turrets

Dennis7423

Hi Dennis

Sorry just seen this now, I know these are a long time waiting......there is a plan right now, involving 3D cad and printing for the masters, I will hopefully have more news if the system is working and proceeding in the next week to 10 days........

regards Ali

ps see new releases.....you may like some brass u/c for your WIP Lancaster??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, jaleonard3 said:

Have these replacement turrets now gone the way of the dodo birds like so many others.  Many are awaiting them...

I am not sure what way to take this comment, and as I do not know who you are it makes it even more difficult to reply.

do you mean like my other projects OR OTHER PEOPLES PRODUCTS.

I am a one man band, I do have others helping from time to time with some projects but in essence it is just me. I have a full time job and the rest of my life to live as well. Added to this I did start these originally by hand mastering that was not working, then decided to try the 3D approach, which I started teaching myself in August.I was struggling I asked another to help with the 3D drawing, a very proficient 3D cad operator, he has done the P-51b canopy which I am currently trying to pull together, he then got COVID, was very unwell, sent me the project back. He has now recovered, but I think the project lies with me, I am working on it but it is slow, it is complex to get it right, and I always try and get things as correct as possible, plus casting it will bring its own challenges.

Next time I would much prefer a more personal way of asking questions rather than this negative approach, but that is up to you, I and many other small producers are NOT HUGE COMPANIES, and even the big guys take years to develop products, many of which are incorrect like these and then the modelling world expects independents to fix the problems in a short space of time.

I am still trying BUT no guarantees that I will succeed in the next little while, but it remains a challenge to do so.

Ali

As long as it may take Ali, I am sure that you will get it correct and accurate, like your other products! Take your time, have fun with it, and we'll be ready with open wallets when it comes along. After all, this is just a hobby!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

It seems likely that many folks will buy the Hobbyboss Libbies and bury them in their stash for future building. Whether this will be due to a desire to buy any future / currently-available aftermarket or simply because they have lots of other kits to build right now - well, that's anyone guess.

I'm sure Alistair will produce some great B-24 items, but is obviously not in a position to give them his best attention at the moment. 

Chris. 

14 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

It seems likely that many folks will buy the Hobbyboss Libbies and bury them in their stash for future building.

I'm definitely that guy. I knew aftermarket would come along, same as it did for the B-17's when they first came out, so I waited until I found a great price and snagged one to store for the time being. I've been slowly piecing together aftermarket parts and resources, and figure it will take me a few years to build, anyways. Good thing the turrets can go on afterwards! Next up will be Vector's lovely engines for it, and Ali's turrets will likely round out the aftermarket for the project.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I bought the "D" model...got turrets from a guy on Ebay...the Vector engines and cowls are on the way. Gear legs and new props and 

I have the vinyl seat belts and Eduard bomb bay on the way as well. Gonna build it as a black "Carpetbagger" B-24. Hope I live long 

enough to finish it...and the B-17F and B-25J Strafer on the shelf with it....LOL!

Cheers...Ron

20 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

I bought the "D" model...got turrets from a guy on Ebay...the Vector engines and cowls are on the way. Gear legs and new props and 

I have the vinyl seat belts and Eduard bomb bay on the way as well. Gonna build it as a black "Carpetbagger" B-24. Hope I live long 

enough to finish it...and the B-17F and B-25J Strafer on the shelf with it....LOL!

Cheers...Ron

I hear ya Ron! I've got a B-24J, a B-17F, and a B-25J strafer waiting in the wings as well. Currently plugging along on a Lancaster, too! These LSP's are just too much darn fun...

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

On 12/3/2020 at 12:21 AM, Ali62 said:

I am not sure what way to take this comment, and as I do not know who you are it makes it even more difficult to reply.

do you mean like my other projects OR OTHER PEOPLES PRODUCTS.

I am a one man band, I do have others helping from time to time with some projects but in essence it is just me. I have a full time job and the rest of my life to live as well. Added to this I did start these originally by hand mastering that was not working, then decided to try the 3D approach, which I started teaching myself in August.I was struggling I asked another to help with the 3D drawing, a very proficient 3D cad operator, he has done the P-51b canopy which I am currently trying to pull together, he then got COVID, was very unwell, sent me the project back. He has now recovered, but I think the project lies with me, I am working on it but it is slow, it is complex to get it right, and I always try and get things as correct as possible, plus casting it will bring its own challenges.

Next time I would much prefer a more personal way of asking questions rather than this negative approach, but that is up to you, I and many other small producers are NOT HUGE COMPANIES, and even the big guys take years to develop products, many of which are incorrect like these and then the modelling world expects independents to fix the problems in a short space of time.

I am still trying BUT no guarantees that I will succeed in the next little while, but it remains a challenge to do so.

Ali

Ali,

I'm the guy that made this ("dodo bird") comment which was meant to be in jest and just to inquire about whether or not these were still in the pipeline.  For the record, I was not intending to be critical.  In fact, if you check your records, you'l find that I purchased a set of your first generation turrets.  The resin parts in my set were pretty rough so I, like everyone else here, am hoping you can produce an improved set before too long.  Everyone's sense of humor is different and while my comment was meant in jest, I regret that it was not received that way and for that, I apologize.  Stay at it, and happy modeling.

1 minute ago, jaleonard3 said:

Ali,

I'm the guy that made this ("dodo bird") comment which was meant to be in jest and just to inquire about whether or not these were still in the pipeline.  For the record, I was not intending to be critical.  In fact, if you check your records, you'l find that I purchased a set of your first generation turrets.  The resin parts in my set were pretty rough so I, like everyone else here, am hoping you can produce an improved set before too long.  Everyone's sense of humor is different and while my comment was meant in jest, I regret that it was not received that way and for that, I apologize.  Stay at it, and happy modeling.

Ali hasn't produced any B-24 turrets yet, that was another manufacturer. 

It can take a lot of time, effort, commitment, and expense to produce am products. I think the least folk can do is show some patience, and understanding.